“A real disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
London UK
“A real disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2006

As a regular contributor to TA I felt particularly compelled to write a few words on this establishment. I am not a golfer and this is definately a hotel that survives on the fact that it is part of a golfing complex and may offer an experience to golfers that is invisible to the non-devotees of the sport. This is a well below par Travel Lodge accommodation at twice or even three times the price. The food is distinctly average (although the steaks were cooked OK) and the staffing puts a capital C on casual. When you arrive tat his hotel there is an almost immediate uh-oh factor - one to avoid.

Where this hotel really succeeds is putting you off the whole Best Western chain!

• Liked — Very Little
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable beds
  • Tips/Secrets — Big offers available for late bookers - up to 70% off
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank PMB2017

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Polish first
norfolk england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2006

My husband myself and my two children stayed at Ufford park for two nights. We were part of a group of thirty all staying at the hotel in order to attend my nephews wedding which was being held nearby.
On arrival the first problem we encountered was that our children had been given a room at one end of the hotel and our room was at the other. This does not sound to bad until we were advised to get back into our car in order to drive to our room!!
We were told that we had been advised of this situation when we had booked the room 3 months earlier, we had not. They did move us a little nearer our children... well at least we were in the same county!
The rooms were clean and pleasant, but the service was painfully slow - 25mins to order a drink at the bar and when we got it the glass was filthy. When my son asked for a clean one he was informed that that was the best the barman could do.
The menu was limited and the food rated about 5/10.
The hotel was busy but the staff were few, hence the poor service, there simply were not enough of them and the few there were seemed poorly trained and unsupervised, give them their due they did there best in difficult circumstances.
The final straw was when my sister returning from her sons wedding, in the early hours could not get into the hotel. She rang the night bell and it took 40 minutes for someone to respond, when they did they were surly and rude and told her they could not deal with 'her sort of people', this begs the question what sort of people... paying guests?
The overall consensus of our group of guests was that under no circumstances would any of us return, it was a very expensive two days and not somewhere any of us could recommend.
Alex Fryer

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Cleanliness
5 Thank alexandraf
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2004

For 2 years the novel I'd started had languished on a shelf. With the New Year came the impulse to resume, but I felt I needed to be away from the distractions of home, so I started looking for weekend breaks.
Ufford Park was the second of the only two hotels to respond from the many I'd emailed - I got a call next morning. The deal was amazing value: I wasn't even penalised for coming alone. The facilities were perfect: I could walk, swim, soak in the jacuzzi or get a relaxing massage whenever I needed a break from my work. The staff were without exception friendly and helpful and meals were a delight. I returned home much refreshed....and with three chapters on the laptop!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Seckford Hall
The Crown at Woodbridge
The Crown at Woodbridge
#2 of 4 in Woodbridge
Salthouse Harbour Hotel

Been to Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!