Stayed for two weeks. Reception were very good. On the first night I went into the "restaurant" for an evening meal. It had a large party of golfers and the odd hotel guest. I was given a menu, made my selection and waited. Two couples then came in and the same happened. After 20 mins they took the orders from the people that arrived after me...I got up and left and went into Woodbridge.
What a decision that was, it has a wide selection of places to eat, The Crown, The Anchor Pub, The Kings Head, Prezzo. On a Monday night the Anchor was crowded I just managed to get in. A three course with two beers £25 great value and very goodfood.
Back to the hotel....I noticed that stains on my bathroom mirror stayed there for a number of days. My windows (Velux) were covered in hand prints (inside) and bird stuff (outside) so I turned them insideout and cleaned them myself. The hand prints stayed all the week. In the "restaurant" their windows were covered in hand printsfor the two weeks and it looks very bad when the sun shines. The restaurant doubles as the breakfast room, did not like its set up as there was a "walk through" to the bar, think they should build a wall. In the second week you had to fight for a teaspoon, they said there was a shortage!
My room the second week was overlooking the course...great views but it was old, tired dirty, black mould around the bath, long black hairs appeared on the toilet and bath (I'm bald) these guests stayed with me all week. Sorry but would rather pay a bit more and have it clean.
The hotel has a curry night on a Thursday and I'm informed some of the locals pay a visit..watch your bills to make sure you have not been charged for meals or drinks that youhave not had. This should not happen as staff should ask for your hotel signature card....but I guess this is not done hence the overcharge (which was removed without question).
Perhaps I'm just picky or do people accept these standards. Would not stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa is set in 120 acres of historic parkland less than 12 miles from Ipswich town centre and is therefore the perfect affordable destination for Spa, Leisure & Golf Breaks. Either as a couple, a group or as a family - With golf course, swimming pool & gym, thermal Suite Spa, bar & restaurant it is an excellent family owned and run modern hotel. Friendly helpful staff and fantastic views. Children & Pets welcomed. Open all year round - great Winter Break options. Top Winter golf course. 4 Star Luxury Spa. Ample free parking & Free Wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ufford Park Hotel, Golf Hotel Woodbridge
- Best Western Ufford Park Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Best Western Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Best Western
- Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa Suffolk