1,289 results
All reviews afternoon tea tudor room four poster bed scotch egg beautiful building the main hotel scones new owners spa bath special occasion old building grounds are lovely before dinner lounge area birthday treat wedding reception steam room
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019

A friend paid for us to have afternoon tea. Went early as yo are allowed to use the facilities. The lady in the Spa is so lovely and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. Went to the main reception and spoke to the receptionists there who again was lovely. She gave us the info on a lovely 3 mile circular walk you can do. Which we highly recommend. Easy to following instructions. Went back to the spa area saw the same lady who made us a coffee. We sat outside as the weather was lovely. Went for a swim, the changing rooms and pool area is very nice Our afternoon tea was amazing. The scotch eggs were so lovely you just wanted to keep eating them. Want to go back and stay. The staff and place are so lovely. Highly recommend

• Trip type: Traveled with family
seckfordhall, General Manager at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and visit to the spa. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Would happily recommend Seckford Hall to anyone. It is a beautiful Old building in a great setting, it oozes character and it was a great place to unwind and relax, whether it be in the wood paneled lounge with the log burner roaring away or in the spa. The Spa is well equipped, with a nice pool with plenty of seating, there is also a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Our room was a standard, but was spacious with a couple of chairs in there and we also had a 4 poster. The food was excellent all weekend, with plenty of choice to keep all 10 of us happy and though we did not have one, the afternoon teas looked divine. I cannot speak more highly of the staff who were always polite, helpful and smiley. If you are going to book here just remember it is an old building, so do not expect new and shiny, but plenty of wood and features that give it, it's character. We will certainly be going back for another visit.

Date of stay: April 2019
seckfordhall, General Manager at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope it won't be long before we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Only putting this on trip advisor as hotel asked for feedback I gave it and followed it up and they have not responded to my correspondence

Stayed in room 25

Evening staff so smart why don’t receptionists have same uniform

No signage to reception

Hotel was empty but felt we were put in an unimportant room as right at the end of the corridor without one of the amazing wooden doors initial disappointment

Running water all night from pond outside giving us restless sleep

Typed sheet states reception 299 phone sticker 240

No one at bar in the evening couples waiting so I went to find someone

No robes in room

Phoned reception and 3 times rang for ages then cut off

Food was cold and burnt no excuse really as very quiet

Wine was warm had to have ice and ice bucket

Only 1 milk with the kettle in the room

Flip flaps to walk to spa would be good

Spa was great

Amazing cobweb in bathroom!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Firstly may I apologise that your feedback to the Hotel has not been replied to. Can you advise me how you sent your feedback and when you stayed so I can investigate why it was not followed up. My email address is moira@seckford.co.uk. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to our usual high standard. Rest assured your comments have been taken most seriously and will be acted upon with the team here.

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Excellent afternoon tea, followed by a lovely glass of Prosecco. We had a gift.voucher which we had been given - was a lovely great and can certainly recommend this.
Sevkford Hall is a lovely old Tudor building which has a Spa, golf course and other facilities.

Date of stay: April 2019
seckfordhall, General Manager at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thank yo for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon tea. I hope it won't be long before we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seckford.

Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Visited Seckford Hall for one night this weekend with my husband for a night away. Beautiful Jacobean house with lots of character and history. We stayed in one of their luxury courtyard suites, which had plenty of space, with a living area, a big bathroom with jacuzzi bath and a small sun terrace at the back of room.
It was a beautiful bright spring afternoon when we arrived so we enjoyed drinks out in the gardens, there was an abundance of daffodils in full bloom all around the gardens and it was a lovely way to spend a couple of hours in the spring sunshine. We had dinner in the hotel Saturday night after drinks in the bar, the food was very good but service was very hit and miss. Good nights sleep was had and breakfast next morning was very good.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay but found the service in the restaurant not up to our usual high standard. I hope this would not stop you returning in the future. Rest assured your comments have been taken on board and acted upon.