I had a wonderful overnight stay with friends at Seckford Hall. The building is filled with Tudor character which has been tastefully mixed with an stylish refurbishment in most areas. I especially enjoyed the evening meal at the aptly named "1530" restaurant. The clever lighting and funky furniture create a lovely atmosphere. Furthermore, the food was fabulous and we were served by a very attentive waiter called Adrian. We continued to the the larger cocktail lounge to taste the range of amazing cocktails. Ben, Benjamin, James and head cocktail manager Lee were also very welcoming and attentive to our cocktail needs!! They made the experience fun and enjoyable. We enjoyed finding out about the background stories behind the names of some of the the cocktails. I highly recommend the "Snug"cocktail as a nightcap!
After, we moved onto the smaller bar for coffee. There we met the marvellous Sue who was warm, friendly and very attentive to our needs.
Next morning, we enjoyed a lovely swim in the pool and relaxed in the jacuzzi. This refreshed us for our wonderful breakfast that awaited us. Gluten free toast was provided on request and there was an abundant choice of hot and cold breakfast which was displayed in an effective way.
After this, we went for a walk around the stunning grounds with its magical lake.
I would definitely go back to Seckford with both friends and family trip . It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience with an extremely friendly staff . Most of all, I enjoyed staying in my newly refurbished bedroom which had a beautifully comfortable queen sized bed and a high tech shower. The view of the lake could be thoroughly enjoyed from my bedroom window. What a marvellous stay... can't wait to go back! I highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge