I stayed at Seckford Hall for a couple of nights on business. The main house is breaktakingly beautiful and has to be seen to be believed.
However, with the exception of some of the staff, that's where the beauty ends. Check in was good but I was sent to the ugly 1980's new build 'stables' to find my room. It was dreadful! Battered furniture; a delapidated in-room kitchenette; shed loads of aweful features. To say that it was disappointing is an understatement. Dinner was terrible. The dining room is a shambles. Think 1970's Trusthouse Forte. Burgundy napkins - oh dear! The staff are out of their depths.
I cannot recommend this hotel. I hope it goes bust and becomes a lovely family house again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge