Seckford Hall
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa(Woodbridge)(Great Value!)
$124
$174
$209
$52
Premier Inn Ipswich South East Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$72
$81
$70
Woodhall Manor(Woodbridge)
1,121 results
All reviewstudor roomafternoon teafour poster bedbeautiful buildingthe main hotelcream teapublic roomssconesspa bathgrounds are lovelynew ownersspecial occasionold buildinglounge areasmoked salmonwedding receptionbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

we had been trying to find a good hotel which has a very good restaurant added on to it for my dads 50th birthday that also had good value. We got to the hotel and was greeted at the door. the grounds are amazing and is perfect for cream tea sitting out in the sun over seeing a really nice pond. the rooms are really modern but keep that older look for them, the bathroom was huge and had both a shower and bath. The restaurant was superb the staff where really efficient and where always willing to make your meal even better by going out of there own way to help. the food itself was superb with a variety of food the only problem we had is they over cooked one of the stakes but quickly cooked us another one and it was really nice.

so if you are looking for a long weekend away or even just a nice meal Seckford Hall gives you all of that. and we will all certainly be back.

Room Tip: All rooms have superb views as we have been there many times before and never disappointed
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Myatt99
Thank you for your lovely review and from me and the team, we are so glad you all had a lovely stay celebrating your Dad's 50th Birthday. We all look forward to sharing your next family event with you soon!
Best Wishes
The Seckford Team

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at Seckford Hall Hotel the 27th May we stayed in room 7 the Tudor room and were certainly not disappointed. The room was huge with a grand four poster bed.. Some lovely handmade chocolates had been left in the room for us which we both enjoyed. The bathroom again was huge complete with a large shower and free standing bath with a TV at one end to keep us entertained while we enjoyed a good soak. We had lunch at the hotel outside on the courtyard over looking their beautiful gardens and pond and again was very impressed with the quality and level of service from the staff. The grounds are beautiful and certainly suitable for any couples looking for a romantic get away. We were made to feel welcome by all staff and are definitely going to be returning.

Room Tip: Room 7 the Tudor room :D
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Rodneymarsh
Thank you so much for your review and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our magnificent Tudor room is home to an original four poster bed dating back to 1587, allowing guests to enjoy Elizabethan splendour with standards of modern and comfortable accommation. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kindest Regards
Mark

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at Seckford Hall in late May. We booked one of the Courtyard rooms which had a bedroom (zip-and-link bed), gorgeously modern bathroom, sitting room which included kitchen facilities (where our dog resided for the night!), and a second WC. Lovely room, recently refurbished I guess, and quiet as quiet. There are walks in the grounds which are impressve as well as across open country to the north and west. We ate in the restaurant in the evening. Impressive food and attentive service. Breakfast was VERY good - freshly cooked yet served promptly, despite the fact that a party of 12 had ordered just before us. The folk at reception were charming and helpful. We were delighted and were glad we were not put off by some of the rather curious reviews which preceded us. Pick up the phone and book with confidence.

Room Tip: Room 40 in the courtyard was truly impressive.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear User EbenezerDorset
What a lovely review about your stay and the staff, level of service you receieved and quality of food we offer. Its so nice to hear that you enjoyed your night away and hope you will be back to see us once we have refurbished the main house in the summer.
Best Wishes
Mark

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very attractive hotel which is badly let down by poor service standards. The bar person did not know how to make a Bloody Mary. Alone not a problem but the next morning breakfast was a joke. There were no glasses for fruit juice and so I asked a waiter for a glass. His response was a begrudging yes with a sharp intake of breath. The milk ran out and I asked another waitress for a fill up. The response was again not what I would expect from a hotel setting itself out to be something special. By the time we left the milk had not been topped up. I gave up waiting for a fill up of my tea and helped myself. The staff are clearly not motivated and do not appear to have been trained. This is an issue for the management.

1  Thank Turksfez
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

How disappointing to learn of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us - I am sorry that your breakfast experience was marred by the attitude of a Seckford team member as well as the inability to produce a Bloody Mary. The food and beverage management team are aware of your comments and have urgently addressed your issues - thank you for bringing them to my attention.
With kind regards
Mark Suddes

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch and sadly the service and the food didn't match our expectations.
One fork was dirty, the staff had no passion and the food was low quality.
One bread roll smelled like yeast and , my hot pot was partially heated , the meat wasn't nice and the potatoes on top have seen better days.
We wasted our time and money and we think that they should close for a bit,change the carpet, chairs and over all decor and revise the food because is a lot of competition in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear user Marina F
Thank you for your recent review of your lunch at Seckford Hall Hotel - I am sorry that your lunch experience did not match your expectations or deliver our normal high standard.
I have spoken at length to the Restaurant Manager in relation to your comments - he will be addressing your comments immediately
I do hope that you will give us another visit after our imminent restaurant refurbishment
With kind regards