I spent one night here, on a business trip, so didn't get to explore much.
But a good experience overall! This is certainly a charming place, both Tudor-ish antique splendor and nice modern apparently recently renovated bathrooms, etc. (It's not in "original state", of course; the various furnishings come from various other houses and even royal palaces.) I was in the Seckford Room, very large indeed, with a comfortable four-poster bed, etc. Breakfast was good. It's about as expensive as a run-of-the-mill business hotel in Central London, so not cheap, but a reasonably special experience.
It's quite near the main road, so easy to get to, but one does hear the noise from the grounds; it's not isolated in the country, for better or worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four-star luxury hotel and spa offering an ideal base to explore the county of Suffolk - from the local Suffolk coast featuring popular destinations such as Southwold and Aldeburgh to Constable country visiting villages such as Flatford and Dedham. Steeped in history, the magnificent red brick Tudor building is over 500 years old and is complemented by the modern facilities of the newly refurbished Seckford Spa, adjacent to the main hotel building. Perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is also a wonderful Suffolk wedding venue with acres of beautiful grounds and a lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seckford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seckford Hall Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Seckford Hall Hotel Woodbridge