“A Lovely Four Day Break”
Review of Seckford Hall

Seckford Hall
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We spent three nights at the hotel and I must say, I was really impressed. The hotel exceeded expectations. My room was really clean, warm and welcoming with a lovely bathroom and countryside views. I slept really well, my bed was comfortable and it was quiet during the night. We enjoyed the pool area with its relaxed atmosphere and the food at breakfast was delicious. We ordered room service which was delivered quickly and suited our needs. All was perfect. I would really recommend staying here and will visit again soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear use Justine H
I am thrilled that you had a lovely stay with us here at Seckford Hall Hotel - I am sure that your comments will be reviewed by future guests who will value your perspective
We look forward to seeing you again soon

There are newer reviews for Seckford Hall

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a wonderful lunch in the hotel. On arrival I think we were all impressed with the building and the surroundings. Inside the atmosphere was relaxing and so 'olde worldly'. I originally had thought we were lunching in the restaurant next to the pool and to be honest I had preferred the menu in there, (will visit later!) but the meal in the hotel's restaurant was superb, much better than expected, very tasty and served quickly and unobtrusively. Everyone working in the hotel was friendly and we all had an enjoyable time, soon to be repeated I hope!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda M

Dear user Linda M
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent lunch at Seckford Hall Hotel - we look forward to seeing you back at Seckford for another meal in the near future

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had three nights at Seckford Hall; what a beautiful place! Lovely room in the courtyard, huge, comfortable bed and the best of facilities. Warm bathroom, strong shower. Nice pool area. We loved the luxurious yet relaxed atmosphere. The food was good - excellent breakfast, good restaurant meal and nice choices in club area. In this club bar the sole waitress went awol for 20 mins while we waited to order but otherwise the sevice was pleasant and attentive. Expensive but worth it as we relaxed and chilled thoroughly.

Room Tip: Courtyard room convenient; own car park and entrance, next to pool and bar. Main building for restau...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Seckford Hall Hotel - I am thrilled that you had a lovely stay.
We find that the Courtyard rooms are very popular with guests wishing to 'come and go' as they please with the benefit of a four star hotel. These rooms are more spacious than the Main House rooms which some of our guests also prefer to the house rooms.
All in all, thanks for your feedback and see you back at Seckford soon

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our first stay at Seckford Hall. We were in the main house with a beautiful 4 poster bed in a pretty room.Our children had a large room down the corridor.The rooms were spotlessly clean even under the beds where I was looking for missing toys.The beds were extremely comfortable and we all slept well. We had a lunch and afternoon tea ( huge !! ) and two dinners - the food was lovely and the service excellent with an extensive wine list. The breakfast was comprehensive and the buffet very colourful. All the staff were very friendly and we never had a long wait for anything. The pool is warm and in a stunning building. The changing rooms could do with a bit of a makeover but were clean, warm and well stocked with towels. Our only minor criticism is the evening dinner - the menu could do with daily specials and the food could be presented with more panache in keeping with the surroundings of the dining room and the general high class ambience. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Go for the Tudor room if you can afford it - stunning and huge !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review after your recent stay with us here at Seckford Hall Hotel - I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your comments in relation to the leisure facilities which are scheduled for a 'facelift' as part of our plans within the hotel
We look forward to seeing you all again soon

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had an excellent lunch with 9 friends at the restaurant in Seckford hall hotel a couple of days ago and felt I had to write and say how much we enjoyed it. From the moment I turned into the drive and saw the beautiful building until we left 3 hours later I could not fault the hotel in any way. The staff were attentive and we got served quickly without feeling rushed. The food was wonderful all of us cleaned our plates. (I did love my sticky toffee pudding ! as did my friend Eileen). We had coffee to finish in the lounge and all too so it was time to go. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear user AnneMac100
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your lunch at Seckford Hall Hotel - I have passed your feedback onto the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Seckford when I am sure your friend will be able to enjoy another lovely pudding!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just had a weekend revisiting an area I used to live in, we decided on Seckford Hall and as we entered the drive found a stunning view of a very historic building which was a great start. Checked-in and were shown to our room faultlessly and the room was just as impressive.
On the first night we decided to eat in, this was where things started to tail off. The restaurant was quite crowded and having been brought in from the bar we were quickly served our starters and wine, still going well, then our main courses arrived and aor starters we removed in the same operation, no chance for a rest between courses. After this we didn't see a waiter again for some time as they seemed to be concentrating their efforts on the ever filling restaurant. At the end we just had the feeling that there wasn't enough staff to cope with the level of diners in the restaurant.

Room Tip: The Seckford room (16) was very impressive with a massive balcony - unfortunately in our case the we...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear user StuGolf
Thank you for your comments in relation to your stay, I am sorry that your dining experience didn't match your expectations; I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager in relation to this issue
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seckford Hall Hotel in the near future
With kind regards

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had our wedding reception at Seckford Hall on 29th September 2012. From day one they were very helpful and accomodated our picky-ness, the staff looked after us and took away any stresses that we may have encountered on the day, stresses we weren't even aware of - as they were dealt with promptly and efficiently. Every member from Paul, the assistant manager to the waiting and bar staff were very attentive and always smiling.
We stayed in the "Seckford Room" after being given the choice of all the rooms of the hotel at the time of booking our reception. The room included a balcony garden with furniture overlooking the grounds, a living area, beautiful 4 poster bed and a modern bathroom with spa bath. Everything was clean and the furniture in keeping with the tudor theme antique but fitting. I was very happy to be provided with Temple Spa toiletry products. We cannot comment on the facilities, we did not use the pool, or sports facilities but they all looked tempting - if only we had time rather then making an early departure to the airport!
We were treated to breakfast, in a private booth away from the other guests, the menu was generous with a delightful selection of cereals, pastries and juices.
We opted for a cooked breakfast, prepared perfectly with wonderful service, we arrived late but at no point were we made to feel a nuisence.
Checkout was quick and easy, as bride and groom we were allowed to book for a one night stay, however other guests had to book a minimum 2 nights which had put family and friends off. However we have a wonderful time and we hope to return for an anniversary!
Even though we live a few miles away!

Room Tip: 2 night stay a minimum - worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carlasalter

Thank you for posting such a lovely review following your wedding here at Seckford Hall Hotel; I am so pleased that you had a memorable day and we looked after you so well. My assistant manger, Paul joins me in thanking you for your comments - we do hope to see you again soon (maybe next year for your paper anniversary)!
With best wishes for your future happiness
Mark and the team at Seckford

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
#1 of 1 in Kesgrave

Been to Seckford Hall? Share your experiences!