“Absolutely Wonderful!”
Review of Seckford Hall

Seckford Hall
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at Seckford Hall on October 1st as a little treat and that it was. From the moment we approached the driveway we were spoilt with the picturesque building which continued throughout our whole stay. We stayed over in the courtyard area; Our room consisted of a large bedroom with a four poster bed and built in television, a huge en suite bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and built in television, also a very large lounge area with dining facilities, a kitchenette, a second toilet and washbasin, a second bedroom and a lovely little patio out the back. I was overwhelmed to say the least! We didn't get the chance to use the gym or spa facilities but both looked stunning. Our evening meal was delicious, we had three courses for 31.50 which was unbelievable - I definitely recommend the tiger prawns to start. All staff we extremely attentive continuously topping up our wine and meeting all of our needs. The lady on the bar was so cheery and truly topped off our night with her wonderful character. The managers were very welcoming and for once it was great to see them front of house which isn't the case at many places. I cannot praise Seckford Hall enough and would jump at the chance of staying again. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren A
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

What a lovely review following your recent stay with us - thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seckford in the near future
With kind regards

There are newer reviews for Seckford Hall

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited Seckford Hall yesterday to meet up with some family for a meal. The food was fantastic, although I am not a vegetarian I can definitely recommend the vegetarian risotto,it was excellent. The desserts were also very tasty. The service and staff were extremely helpful and catered to our every need. Overall an excellent experience was had by all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Emma
Thank you for your lovely review after your lunch party here at Seckford Hall - we are much more than a venue for special events open all week for 'Ladies who lunch' such as yourself! I have passed your feedback onto the chef in relation to the risotto - I am pleased that you enjoyed it!
See you back at Seckford in the near future

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We only stayed for one night as a birthday treat but couldn't fault Seckford Hall Hotel. The building was wonderful, staff were attentive and couldn't fault the food. Enjoyed the pool and the grounds. The other guests were chatty and made for a relaxing stay worth every penny. Well done to every member of staff you made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Being an old building the room we stayed in was small but was packed full of character which we love...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

What a lovely review after your recent stay at Seckford Hall Hotel - thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seckford in the near future

Reviewed September 20, 2012

excellent accomdation and facilites.staff very welcoming and friendly.food excellent.beautiful house and grounds.both me and my wife found no faults with this hotel at all,it is one of the best hotels we have ever been too cannot praise this place to much.well done to everyone at the hotel and thank you

Room Tip: seckford room[16] was lovely with a lovely roof terrace
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

WOW - what a lovely review after your stay with us. I like your top tip mentioning the fact that alot our bedrooms do have their own terrace or private seating area overlooking the grounds
I'm sure we'll see you soon at Seckford!

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We have just enjoyed 3 nights here and we cannot fault it! It's lovely! Service is superb and the whole establishment is wonderful. The whole experience was great and superbly set in its grounds. Can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: September 2012
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear user Sam S
Thank you for your glowing review following your stay here at Seckford Hall Hotel - we too look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I returned to the Suffolk area and thought I would try somewhere new.
Work had booked me in here and I thought I was in for a treat when I arrived....
How wrong I was.
Had the attic room as described earlier by '700 traveller' with the 'Duck' bathroom...
Agree totally with the comments but the noise from the water pipes MUST be addressed by the owners... it was AWFUL in the middle of the night until the sun came up.
~ I was also fobbed off that there were no other rooms available when I contacted reception overnight (twice)~ which turned out not to be correct; on check-out I enquired how much more a better room would have been, had the hotel been full last night (oh no we had rooms.....)
~Whilst not ideal moving a guest in the middle of the night it should have been offered.
I would have been better staying at a Premier inn or the Novotel in Ipswich, or my previous haunt, the Ufford park.
The whole idea of staying over on business is (well for me anyway) to be 'fit for purpose' ~ Thanks to my overnight stay at Seckford halll~ I was not.

Room Tip: REFUSE the attic room with the 'Duck' bathroom !!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gatwickchap.

Thank you for your review particularly in relation to the water pipes in the single room. I have asked our plumber to urgently look into this issue.
We do only have the 2 single rooms in the Hotel, which as part of the new management team in the Hotel am investigating the layout of these rooms to improve them.
I am sorry that we were unable to move your room during your stay and understand your frustration the following morning upon hearing at check out that another room was available.
I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seckford Hall
Kind regards
Mark Suddes

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here ovenight for a wedding. The staff are very friendly and efficent. We stayed in a courtyard room which was very large and on 2 floors. 2 loo's, 1 in the bathroom and a separate one. It also had a little kitchen. Grounds are beautiful. Some of the courtyard rooms have a patio area. Wedding food was very good as was the evening buffet. Exxcellent breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
MarkSuddes, Operations Director at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear user CheesyEssex
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us here at Seckford Hall. Unusually in country house hotels, the courtyard bedrooms were designed for family usage allowing our guests to enjoy the luxury of a 4 star hotel with their children.
I have passed your comments in relation to the wedding breakfast to the Head Chef who joins me in thanking you for your favourable comments
Many thanks once again
Mark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
#1 of 1 in Kesgrave

Been to Seckford Hall? Share your experiences!