“A little disappointing...”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We visited here for my birthday celebration, it was nice however some of the dishes were bland. The share starter was tasty, however the chicken noodle dish tasted of sloppy gravy. We were unfortunate to be seated next to a very loud lady which wasnt helped by the tables being so close. I would rather pay the extra and go to Aqua8 in Ipswich.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I visited here after looking up reviews online.

When we arrived, we were asked if we'd booked (which we hadn't) and luckily they had a table. However, they seated us and then continued to pay lots attention to the regulars. It felt like we were treated as outsiders - which was a shame.

The food was okay, my friend's green curry was on the salty side. My food was okay. I've had better Thai meals. It also seemed that some of the dishes were more on the Chinese take away side rather than Thai.

The restaurant was nice and clean, well presented and the music was at a hood volume.

3  Thank Becca G
Reviewed April 11, 2013

the food was very very good and the service brisk and attentive.
We ate on Saturday night an the place was full until 9 pm when the early eaters left, so plenty of room after then.
Excellent choice of food with some dishes we had never seen before, all reasonably priced, as was the drink.
Highly recommended

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Got taken here for a romantic dinner and I must say the food was amazing! My partner and I haven't tasted much range in thai food so opted for a lot of dishes we could share and the waitress recommended some and they were all amazing. Staff very and i mean VERY attentive, not a place i'd recommend for diners who like to be left alone, but i loved it.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Food was pretty average, some dishes were REALLY salty, we had a fixed menu, so i would have expected those dishes to be well rehearsed in the kitchen. The starters were excellent, the weeping tiger beef steak was lovely. But then it all started to go steeply downhill. The main dishes were more than disappointing. The chicken curry with potato was mainly potato, very little chicken and over salty. The Phad Thai was just salty, no other flavour whatsoever. The other dishes were ok, just average, nothing special but salty too. Sadly, despite the start of the meal holding such promise, the main dishes were so poor they were verging on inedible and I would estimate that we left at least 75% of the mains. The mains have brought the overall experience down to average. The bill was £80 with one round of drinks (3 people) which is not expensive but it's still poor value for the overall food quality.

1  Thank Tigletpiglet