Tripadvisor
Woodbridge
All reviews delightful town fabulous hotel bar area family celebration lovely room light lunch local produce comfortable rooms poached eggs bed and breakfast evening meal cooked to perfection town centre full english afternoon tea stayed for one night sutton hoo
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

I stayed at theCrown for a couple of nights while on business. They’re a friendly and helpful team who run the hotel. Room was comfortable although there was little space to work, especially when the tea / coffee tray took up most of the dressing table. It would also have been nice to have a comfortable chair, as in the photos, the metal outdoor bench wasn’t too pleasant.
Breakfast was great, all freshly cooked to order and with lashings of freshly squeezed orange and fresh coffee, this was a real highlight.
I also decided to dine there on the second night, the meal was nice but certainly not amazing. There are however quite a number of other places to eat (including Prezzo across the street) so maybe I’ll wander next time. Also worth noting that there is quite a lot of ‘town centre’ noise like the bin lorries with reversing warnings at 5.30-6.00am daily.

Definitely be back again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

I visited the Crown for a belated Christmas office meal. I m doing Veganuary and was very impressed with the vegan options. Vegan croquettes, risotto and then Christmas pudding. Just lovely quality and so tasty. Very pleased thanks.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2019

My husband booked a bed/breakfast/dinner package as a birthday treat. We had lunched at The Crown during the summer and I was very impressed with the food, atmosphere and decor of the hotel. The room was delightful, and had an amazing huge claw-footed bath as well as a separate large shower. The bed was very comfortable and the room was just the right temperature; something we find particularly irritating is a hotel room that is too hot and no ability to control the temperature. The staff were all delightful and helpful, and the food was very superior. My husband and I shared starters of broccoli and stilton soup and a salmon mousse - delicious. The only minor niggle was that the butter served with the soup was the pre-wrapped servings, and was very cold and rather difficult to spread on the tasty bread. Given the quality of the food served, perhaps it would have been nicer served in a small ramekin, or at least at room temperature. For the main course, my husband had the spiced pork belly, which he said was the best he had had, and I had the fish of the day, which was the sea bream, which was beautifully cooked. Both dishes were perfectly presented, and the portions were spot-on. We were so full, we asked if we could share a cheese platter after taking a brisk walk around the delightful town of Woodbridge, which the hotel were perfectly happy to do. The cheese board was excellent too.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

We enjoyed our visit and the interesting menu with its well presented food. The Gnocchi with truffle oil, mushroom and spinach with goats cheese - one of the best gnocchi my partner ever had.

I chose the light lunch option of Avocado, toast, bacon and two poached eggs. Excellent flavours.

Good service, nice restaurant decor and atmosphere.

We were eating out that evening so had to miss out on puddings, but they looked a good selection too.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding nearby. I’ll start by saying the service was very good - all of the staff we encountered were excellent. The breakfast was decent, my husband enjoyed his full English, but my avocado toast was strangely sweet. We stayed in a superior double. The room was light, airy and spacious, as was the bathroom. We really liked the simple coastal decor. However, there were some aspects of our room that really required some maintenance - the grouting in the shower was a bit mouldy, there was a hole in the curtains and the paint near one of the windows was badly peeling. For £170 a night I would expect higher standards be maintained.

Date of stay: October 2019