We have returned from one night at the Crown. We booked the last room on a Saturday night, and looking at the fire escape plan, this was clearly the smallest. The room was clean nicely decorated, and the bed comfortable, my only small issue was why have a tv on the wall that was only a radio, as no tv stations were available/ tuned in.
As others have noted you wait around like lemons with coats and bags trying to attract the attention of the bar staff to check in, which is somewhat annoying. The same applied when we returned in the evening, and again when we came down for breakfast - we had to search out a member of staff. Breakfast was quite good though.
No sign of the morning newspaper we were offered. I mentioned it before they prepared the bill so will never know if we would have been charged for it.
We didnt find the bar noise too bad to sleep but we could hear it clearly.
All in all it wasnt a bad place to stay and had the room rate been around £100 for our room, would not have thought twice, but at £170 per night , £10 less than the best superior room at the highest seasonal rate according to their website, we felt the room was very over priced and the service could be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown in Woodbridge offers all that is great about escaping to the country, with all that is good about staying in a wonderful market town. With old fashioned inn keeping in a modern setting, we boast ten magnificent boutique bedrooms, a bustling bar and a real Suffolk food experience. Situated at the end of the thoroughfare in the heart Woodbridge, we are ideally situated for all of the great things that the town, surrounding countryside and Suffolk coast have to offer. If your passion is walking, sailing, horse riding or you simply have a love of good food and drink, you will find it all at The Crown and nearby area. We are open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Head chef Darran Hazelton showcases all that is great about Suffolk's local produce, reflected in our food offering that includes a mix of rustic and refined dishes, with simple, high-quality ingredients coming alive on the plate. Our bustling cocktail bar serves everything from local beers and ciders to the latest trend cocktails. We also have an extensive and well-balanced wine list that appeals to all tastes and preferences, reflecting our passion for high-quality wine. Long or short, sharp or smooth, there is sure to be a drink to suit your mood. The upstairs of our historic building has been transformed into luxurious yet affordable bedroom retreats, created by award-winning London based designers, Bentheim. With goose-down pillows, crisp cotton bed linen and underfloor heating with high-quality toiletries and personal touches to match, staying at The Crown is a enchantingly relaxing and satisfying experience. With a laidback and often thriving atmosphere, where traditional meets modern and rural meets cosmopolitan, you are sure to have a unique and highly memorable experience, whatever the occasion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Crown at Woodbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Woodbridge Hotel Woodbridge
- Crown Hotel Woodbridge
- The Crown At Woodbridge Suffolk