“'Brilliant'”
Review of Bawdsey Quay Watersports Centre - CLOSED

Bawdsey Quay Watersports Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Bawdsey Quay Watersports Centre is on the north bank of the River Deben estuary, opposite Felixstowe Ferry on the Suffolk coast. With access to the mouth of the river at all states of the tide, we have both river and sea sailing areas which offer safe learning environments for beginners. More experienced sailors will enjoy the more challenging waters offshore.We offer sailing, powerboating and kayaking as well as other activities such as raft building.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After being recommended by a friend we decided to try it and we couldn't agree with the other reviews more. This is a fantastic find in a brilliant location. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we booked our kids in for a course the following week. They're each now fully converted sailors. Thanks Bawdsey guys :)

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The wonderful staff at this centre have given my son a really wonderful introduction to sailing. There is a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Their communication with me was great in the face of changable weather. The sailing was very exciting taking the boats into open sea which my son adored and which I was happy with as all the safety is in place.

A great spot to hang put too with a sandy beach ideal for younger siblings, crabbing, great little boat trips witht he harbour master and a fab cafe with gorgeos views and delicious scones. This place will feature in our summers for years ro come.

5  Thank AML5555