“best ever meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Angel
Ranked #41 of 91 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
suffolk
“best ever meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

just visited The Angel Woodbridge for a meal with our Daughter,it was one of the best meals i have ever eaten in a public house,it was more like a restaurant,we had a main and desert ,steak was cooked to perfection,and a lovely desert we will be booking again,thankyou Chris and Sarah.

• Visited June 2013

Westerham, United Kingdom
“Great pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Lovely clean pub with pub food a bit different from the norm. Nice , efficient staff and welcoming fire in the winter.

Visited June 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wonderful lunches. Advertised at £5 we obviously expected something very basic - but the owner appeared with a board showing 5 options,all of which sounded special. 2 of us chose ribs, chipped potatoes and a delightfully dressed fresh mixed green salad. The other chose a lamb hot-pot, which was sweet and succulent with plenty of lamb.
The premises were attractive and spotlessly clean. The owners were welcoming, friendly and most helpful.
Overall, a great experience - and unbelievable value for money. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Don't get it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well reviewed and the locals love it but I don't get it. There is only so much traditional, old style, authentic I can enjoy. When it means sticky tables, less than pristine toilets and a glance into the kitchen makes one shudder then I have to cross it off my list. Try it, you may like it, sadly, I don't.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jenesaisrich
ChrisMapey, Owner at The Angel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I'm probably as disappointed to receive a review such as yours as you must have been with your visit here to feel compelled to write it...

I can only apologise that you have reported the "sticky tables & less than pristine toilets", as our staff are briefed to clean and polish the tables and check the toilets regularly; the loos are cleaned / inspected at least twice a day by either myself or my wife, and we welcome feedback from our customers if our (recently refurbished) toilets don't meet your expectations; and our tables should be cleaned & polished when they are vacated, apologies if this did not happen on your visit.

You also make a comment that 'a glance into the kitchen makes one shudder' - once again I can only apologise for what you must have seen as we take food hygiene and our responsibilities as restauranteurs very seriously with our kitchen procedures & its cleaning being regularly inspected & checked by the local council EHO department.

Overall, I can only apologise that you feel that you had a sub-standard experience when you visited here, and look forward to welcoming you back for another visit when you return to Woodbridge.
La Foye de Vinax
“Sadly rather disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had lunch here with a friend. The dining room and bar area were very pleasant and the staff very friendly. However, our food was very disappointing. I had a risotto which completely lacked any form of flavour and my friends Thai green curry was more like a watery chicken stew, there was no spiciness to the dish at all. It was a shame as the atmosphere and efficient staff were very nice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maradardi
ChrisMapey, Owner at The Angel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Many thanks for writing your comments and for your feedback, and I'd like to apologise that you appear to have had a sub-standard meal here.

I'll be speaking to the team here to ensure that this does not happen again, as we have usually receive very favourable comments about those two dishes, especially the fully homemade (we do not use any paste, but rather make from fresh ingredients & spices) thai green chicken curry...

I do wish that we could have had the opportunity to rectify your problems whilst you were here, as we could have remade both dishes (or not charged you for them) - if you'd like to contact me to arrange a revisit, we will be delighted to offer you replacements (at no cost) so you can sample them as they should be.