“Must go there”

Crown at Woodbridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Crown at Woodbridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 96 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Crown at Woodbridge offers all that is great about escaping to the country, with all that is good about staying in a wonderful market town. With old fashioned inn keeping in a modern setting, we boast ten magnificent boutique bedrooms, a bustling bar and a real Suffolk food experience. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, head chef Darran Hazelton showcases all that is great about Suffolk's local produce, reflected in a food offering which includes a mix of rustic and refined dishes, with simple, high-quality ingredients coming alive on the plate. The Crown's bustling cocktail bar serves everything from local beers and ciders to the latest trend cocktails, all alongside an extensive and well-balanced wine list. The upstairs of our historic building has been transformed into luxurious yet affordable bedroom retreats, created by award-winning London based designers Bentheim, with goose-down pillows, crisp cotton bed linen, underfloor heating and high-quality touches to match.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We ate at lunchtime in the garden, friendly service, excellent scallops, would definitely eat here again.

crowngarth, General Manager at Crown at Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed the garden. Those Scallops are great i agree, we hope that you come and have them again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Good location in this delightful town. Thought food was very slightly on the expensive side for smallish portions, but it tasted great. Ours was a lunch time. Might be more atmosphere in the evening.

Thank you for your review, as I am unsure which menu you would have had as we had a taster menu with small portions running at the time which was exactly what the name suggests it is difficult to comment. What I can say is that I am confident that our main menu and current set menu dishes are all of a good size and quality. thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Crown is a little gem that has has been tastefully refurbished in a modern manner. The food here is of an excellent standard and extremely good value. With great service and a decent wine list to go alongside the fairly extensive menu you could do a lot worse than pay this venue a visit.

Thank you for sharing your visit and experience of the Crown. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We liked the Crown. The service and beer were good.
Overall the food was good, though one dish wasn't cooked through,
we were offered a refund on it. We would go back

I am sorry tio hear that you had a hiccup on visiting us on this occasion but I am pleased to hear that this was dealt with for you at the time and to your satisfaction. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were new to Woodbridge and The Crown was recommended by a local boutique. Sadly we were not acknowledged by a member of staff as we entered and eventually found the courtyard at the rear of the building. The weather was amazing for April so we chose to eat outside.

The service was slow and rather matter of fact, although I was impressed by the waitresses knowledge of the menu.

The Crown is lacking in character , slightly over priced and a little unloved, however it's saving grace is the food. They seem to have an excellent chef as my risotto was the best I have tasted in a while.

As we finished our meal we found ourselves surrounded by uncleared tables despite a possible owner/manager sitting next to us working on menu's. Other customers had to sit at uncleared tables whilst he looked on and did nothing about it. Not the type of service I would expect considering the prices.

1  Thank Anita V

Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch visit and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the service was a little slow for this I apololgise. Having at that point just taken over the running of the business I understand that there were a few things that needed my attention regarding service and the physical side of the business. These issues have now been addressed and I hope that if you return you will have a better experience.
with regards to your comment about someone sitting outside writing menus I can only assume this must be someone from another business as we certainly would not be doing this in our own garden and during service time.