“Lovely place.”

Ranked #8 of 21 Woodbridge B&B and Inns
Essex
“Lovely place.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for just one night with 2 friends when we attended a wedding in March. We stayed in the Broadside room which was lovely, very clean, so nice & big, loads of space to get ready, nice big bathroom as well. The only thing I could say is that the put up bed is pretty uncomftable but I didn't expect much else of a put up bed. I just slept on the comfy sofa instead!
Staff very friendly and helpful, they let us check in early with no problems & took us straight up to our room when we arrived and advised us on a local cab company to use. Breakfast the next morning was delicious too. No complaints there! Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emily H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Maybe - a lovely pub that under the new team is just a great stop for a decent drink and meal.
Quirky inside and full of character - have had a xmas meal here with friends which was lovely- a sunday roast and just a sandwich and always the same good food experience.

Great for parking and as a base to discover Woodbridge .

Room Tip: Parking at rear is great - try the Sunday roast or the pop in when they have their beer festival.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nicholas P
ipswich
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was gobsmacked to read some of the negative reviews, which I hasten to add are very much in the minority and probably from some who complain for the sake of it hoping to get a free meal or reduced bill, or perhaps a rival pub treading sour grapes ???????
The Cherry Tree is a lovely pub full of character it has extremely friendly and welcoming staff who go out of their way to make you welcome.
I along with many others judging by the car park being full return to there time after time and will continue to do so.
I freely admit I have not stayed at the accommodation but all reports seem to be that it is very good.
The food however is faultless, it is warm, well cooked, well presented, sourced local produce and you get what you pay for, if you want cheap mass produced food then go to McDonalds or KFC.
Having heard of a recent comment from someone who said the Mash was of the Smash variety then I tell that person he does not know a King Edward from a Gooseberry.
The sheer fact of how many people frequent the pub is testament of how hard all the staff work to keep it to high standard and remain one of the best in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank IpswichSteve
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Beautiful little country pub, the staff and landlord were fantastic! They could do enough to help. The food was 5 star, definitely quality over quantity, both my evening meal and breakfast had been cooked to perfection. The accommodation was very pleasant, basic but very clean and spacious. As an employee of the co-operative farms I'd say great value for my tiny budget. Thank you definitely go there again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Smc91069
Droitwich Spa, Worcs
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our first choice of accommodation having fallen through we had to find somewhere at very short notice. The staff very quickly provided us with a comfortable room perfect for our needs together with a well appointed roomy bathroom ensuite. The breakfast kept us going all day and there was a good choice. All the food was well cooked and presented served by friendly helpful staff. The provision of fresh milk, a fridge, toiletries in the bathroom and a sofa in the room all made our stay that little bit more enjoyable. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Room Tip: My comments are based on the top floor room but I'm sure the others are just as charming.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Katie155
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having spotted this in a CAMRA book I was hopeful that it would meet all our needs, but called ahead to make sure that a baby was welcome. I need not have worried - all our needs were met well and the baby was as welcome as the rest of us! We had one of the smaller rooms, but it was still very spacy and plenty of room for the travel cot (we were offered one on arrival, but had already brought our own). The food (breakfast and dinner) was excellent, with a special recommendation for the locally smoked salmon; delicious! A good choice of real ales, and the three that I tried (Woodford's, Broadside and Ghost Ship) were very well kept. Very convenient for our trips out (Sutton Hoo is minutes away) and close enough for a short walk into town in the evening. The staff were friendly and attentive throughout our stay, which just added to the homely experience.

Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Explorer room, and despite being a 'smaller' room it was very spacious for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Owen C
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I saw this pub whilst on a bird watching trip in Suffolk and decided to give it a go after a days birding.

Nice clean and well decorated pub, good friendly staff with a great selection of local and guest real ales,lagers and ciders.

I didn't eat but the place was packed with diners on both nights I went in.

Plenty of parking at the back and dogs are welcome in the bars

Well worth a visit if your in the local area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cassillis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbridge
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Woodhall Manor
Woodhall Manor
#4 of 4 in Woodbridge
Travelodge Ipswich Hotel

Been to Cherry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!