“Best lunch spot in Woodbridge”
Review of the waterfront cafe - CLOSED

the waterfront cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Always a delightful place for lunch. Bright and interesting setting overlooking the river, relaxed atmosphere, well presented locally sourced food, interesting wines. Airy in summer and cosy in winter, it's the only place we ever go out for lunch in Woodbridge.

[It's worth remembering to park in the station car park 100 yards away, because while access is excellent - it's easy to drop someone off right at the door - there is very limited parking to hand. That's no great hardship as it's a lovely walk anyway!]

2  Thank sjhardmanlea

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I can't think of anywhere I would rather take light lunch than this quaint beamed café / restaurant. With superb views over the river Deben any artists delight. A wonderful peaceful location to visit, I came here to lunch with my friend, zip some wine enjoy some food and have a good chat, the atmosphere was buzzing ,, so much that we spent hours here as the time just passed us by,, it was really busy for a Tuesday but that did not bother us as the place had a really good feel about it, we were greeted by a lovely friendly waiter, that by the way ladies is a complete hunk, very friendly and charming, although it was busy we still had that feeling of individual attention as did everyone else, its really nice here, we shared a Italian meat platter, with a glass of house white followed by sea bass and finishing with bread and butter pudding and coffees, the food was spot on as was the service and very clean and organized, my only regret is that we ran out of time and had to leave but we will be back as this is a must for those of you how enjoy and will enjoy an amazing friendly, enjoyable and attent dining experience, well done to all of you at the waterfront ,we will return and so will our friends. thank you 10 out of 10

2  Thank jacquiietpp
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were disappointed in our light lunch experience.There was no information on food and drink prices on the website, and we felt prices were a little high for what was served. The waitress was not particularly friendly, and it was an effort to obtain the wine list with prices. the white wine ( Tourraine) we chose, admittedly the cheapest, was a poor quality for the £19.95 price tag. We were not offered to taste the wine, which was not as chilled as we would expect for a white wine.

1  Thank Elizabeth C
piemansuffolkengland, Owner at the waterfront cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Elizabeth C
Thank you for your time in revieweing the Waterfront Cafe all input is important - positive & negative.
We have reopened after a 5 month closure due to flooding and the new Team are "bedding in" , your Sauvignon Blanc is one of France's finest from the vineyard of the Barbou Family - Robert Parker (one of the World's top wine critics) rates this Family for producing "some of the finest Sauvignon Blancs on the Planet" we find like Robert Parker the Wine to be value for money and delicious.
We have not experienced a heatwave and the wine coolers are all running at 2' , but we always ask if you are ok.
I have checked with the Team on your visit and you apeared to be very pleased with your lunch and the service you were given.
The Waterfront Cafe is a small Family run business opened 8 years ago - we cant always please everyone all of the time but our Team make an exceptional effort to do so and look forward to looking after you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Typically very good in the past, if expensive. Our visit last weekend for lunch produced "Coldpot" - not "Hotpot" and the bowls of grizzle in a tasteless fluid with dry sections of dry brown onion skins included left MUCH to be desired... We shall have to look elsewhere next time we visit Woodbridge.

1  Thank Anglian_Foodie

Dear Anglian_Foodie
Thank you for your time to review the Waterfront Cafe, all reviews are important and constructive.
The Waterfront Cafe has just reopened after a 5 month closure due to flooding, the Menu offers everything from the Crab Sandwich to the Home Made 8oz Steak Burger made from Suffolk Free Range Grass reared Beef from Iken , Near Snape.
Also the home made desserts are very popular such as the Brioche Bread & Butter Pudding or Belgian Chocolate Pot.
We welcome you back to sample our fare when you are next in Woodbridge.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If someone had told me a little while back that I would one day visit a place for tea and toast and get so excited about it that I would feel the need to write a Trip Advisor review I would have thought them a complete lunatic.
Well it has happened. A colleague and I had arrived in Woodbridge for a business meeting ahead of schedule and went for a stroll along the waterfront for a chat and to kill some time. He mentioned he had been to a very good cafe on his last visit so we decided to go for coffee. I sensed it was going to be good when a waiter heading of on an errand greeted us a full thirty metres away from the front door! When we got in the welcome was warm, the place was spotless and the food and drink was perfect. All we had was two coffees, toast and marmalade and a blueberry muffin - but executed perfectly. The service was efficient, helpful and friendly. My only regret was that we could not stay for lunch. However, that is something I am going to do on my next visit to Woodbridge.
A very well done to whoever it is who runs this place.