“Smashing!!”

Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family run restaurant. The Royal Bengal first opened in 1982 by Mr Malik and his close friends. The dishes we serve have been specially selected. As well as having the classics we also have dishes you may have not come across before. Whether you choose to dine in or order a takeaway,we look forward to serving you.
“Smashing!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited the Royal Bengal in Woodbridge for dinner recently and I can say I had one of the best Indian meals ever! The food was fantastic, both starters and mains (my Chicken Makhni was just delicious and the tikka salmon my girlfriend had was a great discovery). We shared a dessert as we were pretty full and then again, was really nice.
The place has just been refurbished and looks great and the staff was really good too. It is really worth a visit, my girlfriend and I will be definitely back at some point, specially with the good weather, as the restaurant is located near the river front in Woodbridge which is also worth visiting.
Thumbs up for the Royal Bengal in Woodbridge!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Carlos_Gonzalez2013

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Best Curries in Suffolk!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Love this place!
Great customer service and some of the best dishes you'll ever eat.
Even took my wife here for Valentines this year, went down a treat :0)
The refurbishment looks clean and fresh and now the restaurant reflects the quality of the service on offer.
Highly Recommend this place.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank James C
“Unbeatable”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We insisted the royal Bengal on a recommendation for my daughters birthday and as we heard they had recently had a refurb we thought we would try it for the first time. We found the whole place very welcoming, warm and friendly. We tend to go for the same food every time we have an Indian but the staff recommended some small testers which really broadened our options for the future (We have never been offered anywhere else). Will definitely be making many more trips as we had a great night with great food and service

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Pottsgk1
“"Loving the referb!"”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Came here the other night with 5 friends, absolutely tasty food. After looking tired, the new design defines the food and the restaurant itself. Would 100% recommend this Indian cuisine to friends, we fully enjoyed it and will come back.

5 Thank food3xpert
“Vegetarians catered for!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After making a trip to Woodbridge we felt like an indian and after looking at the menu's of the towns Indian restaurant we decided to come here in the evening (saturday 26th oct). There were 4 of us and although the restaurant is not the most modern it was welcoming and had a great atmosphere with the restaurant being nearly full. as a vegetarian the menu had a very good selection of goan and the traditional (I was the only vegetarian of the group). My friends ordered a little bit of everything and were all very happy with the meal. We will definitely be coming back.

• Visited October 2013