“First class Indian Restaurant in small country town”
Review of The Royal Bengal

The Royal Bengal
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family run restaurant. The Royal Bengal first opened in 1982 by Mr Malik and his close friends. The dishes we serve have been specially selected. As well as having the classics we also have dishes you may have not come across before. Whether you choose to dine in or order a takeaway,we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have eaten in the Royal Bengal only twice over several years of visiting Woodbridge, but have always enjoyed the food; it is close to being the best Indian we have visited in the UK. The food is freshly prepared, very tasty without being overly spiced or hot, and is well presented.

The service is good, always in the background, just efficient without being over bearing.

The owner/manager was on hand overseeing the service staff, and checked a couple of times that everything was to our liking.

The menu was sensible value, not overpriced as is the case with some Indian restaurants.

We shall certainly be visiting again.

9  Thank Colin_JS

Reviewed June 10, 2013

25 years ago we was eating regular in this restaurant. Very good food and friendly quik service
Now we decided on a visit o the uk to visit and eat again .the same owner as 25 years ago
Friendly same good food quik service perfect nothing wrong and he prices are ok
I notice some other peoples review. I think they have to understand that not always things are
The same,staff leave and come new staff. Cooks leave new ones come .we was speaking to the owner about the last 25 years and he explain this happening .this restaurant has dishes from goa
Before there was a cook from goa. But he left so therefore not the same the food but still very nice.good place we can recommed

10  Thank Petrus Z
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having lived in West London for many years and experienced authentic Indian food we were expecting similar but unfortunately this was not the case. It may be that the chef takes into account western palate demands but it certainly was not authentic Indian food as we know it.

ash a, Manager at The Royal Bengal, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review although I was disappointed to read that you didnt think the food served to you was not authentic. I can assure you the food is authentic dont think you'll find too many Indian restaurants with a goan menu especially in suffolk (Although many indian restaurants taken dishes from our goan menu but will not be authentic in how its made and definitely will not taste how it should) I would love for you to try us again sometime you can always contact me on theroyalbengal@hotmail.co.uk Ash.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice Indian restaurant right in the centre of town and close to the river and marina. Always busy, and justifiably so. The menu is a combination of standard options as well as some more interesting specialities, all served efficiently and well presented.

10  Thank AlanDMLondon
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ate here about six months ago and gave a well deserved top review, so were saddened on our return recently to find things have gone downhill somewhat.
The food arrived quickly enough but the first annoying thing happened after I had put a portion of rice on my plate and moved the remained to the side of the table, one of the waiters took it on himself to pick up the rice bowl and pile more food onto my plate!!! Why he did this is beyond me but I made my displeasure known.
The chicken kurma I so enjoyed last visit was a pale shadow of its former self with a very thin, watery sauce, and the sag aloo was just a few chopped potatoes with a bit of spinach dropped on the top with no attempt made to create a tasty side order.
We had to ask twice for an additional drink and felt that not enough staff were on duty to cope with the demands of the number of diners.
It is always disappointing to find somewhere you have so enjoyed in the past let things slide but that is our experience here.