“It's not what it once was.”

k-tong thai & chinese restaurant palmerston
Ranked #24 of 45 Restaurants in Palmerston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I had seen the unflattering reviews here on trip adviser for k-tong's and I'll admit they surprised me. While it had been a while since we dinned there, I had once thought this restaurants was the best Asian resturant in all of Darwin. Well, I wouldn't say that now.

Tonight we had take away from there and i'll be honest, it was proberbly the worse Asian I've ever had. The honey chicken was lacking in honey (was it even added?) the massaman curry was lacking in any flavour and the wontons were dry and over fryed.

It was a shame that such a great resturant has become such a disappointment.

1  Thank Tegan C

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have eaten here before and wish to amend my first review!!!

The food is terrible we ordered a verity of dishes and the food came out quite quickly, the dishes looked nothing like what I believed they should, the texture was wrong the flavour was just all wrong, these Are dishes that should be lovely and there ruined by poor quality ingredients and lack of true authentic cooking ability I will never return I would never recommend this place my advice is save your money, and eat else where, after leaving I bought McDonald's .....enough said!!
Funny enough there was a man out front telling customer not to go there he got violently ill after eating there..... Again enough said!!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have been coming here for years and the service just gets worse as they go by.
We were charged a lot more then we ordered, had to constantly ask for drinks and food that had been ordered, the food wasn't as it had been in previous times and there was hair found in a meal. Will not be going back.

1  Thank Jess B
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the door fool you once your in the service is excellent, I allways phone ahead for takeaway but just walk up and they'll set you straight away the food is quite nice and is often better than most other places but there can often be slight variation to the dish when ordered time and time again I recommend this place as a cost effective, very pleasant, example of quality Asian cooking and I enjoy it a least once a month pls try it and enjoy

Bon appetite