“Poor service and poor food”
Review of The Fountain

The Fountain
Ranked #37 of 90 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Poor service and poor food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We decided to get a takeaway one evening and really fancied a nice chinese. We had had several fro the fountain before and had no issues. On this occasion one dish was missing, one was wrong and what we did receive was not up to standard. I called straight away and in no un-certain terms told that I was wrong. I was then advised that if I wanted the correct dishes I could drive down and collect them. I asked for a refund and was told that they could not do this. why??? I questioned why they though it appropriate to make someone pay for a dish they had not had and a wrong item received. A very strange decision to make, as a result we wont be eating there again. There are plenty of great take away options in newmarket such as Thai Street and Turquaz.

• Visited June 2014

“Poor service and food”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I went for a meal with my husband, but was far from impressed with the food and the service.
We were served our starters and forgotten about for 25 minutes until the waiter arrived to clear the table, we were not asked if we wanted any more drinks (our glasses had been empty for a while)
Our mains arrived which were okay, no check back again. Then left again for ages, when the waiter arrived to clear we weren't offered anything else, he just wandered off. We had to the bar ourselves to get the bill, no "did you enjoy your meal"or anything. Won't hurry back.

London, United Kingdom
“Recommended but Average”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

First visit to the Restaurant after a day at the Newmarket Races .Very busy so if used i would pre-book especially on busy days as limited area ,Luckily I chose an inside seat so could observe the entire restaurant and avoid the hussle and bussle of waiter movement .The table next to us was taken by a large sometimes noisy group but who could challenge that as they were the connections of the Days Big race winner..
Even though this group occupied the majority of the waiters time we seemed to be given a prompt and attentive service .The meal was well cooked and tasty but rather on the small size and expensive although i was a guest and not the host on this occasion so my comments were limited.
I did not use any facilities or pay the bill so I am unable to comment on previous reviews but as far as the quality and taste it was good and iI would visit as a couple again on a non-racing day

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Let me start by saying we really enjoyed our food. The service was good as well. The only issue was when we got our bill we were over charged by quite a bit and it was not handled as well as it could have been. Would return for the food but was left with a little bit of a bad taste.

• Visited March 2014
Newmarket, England, United Kingdom
“Fountain Newmarket”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went as a couple having been as a group with well known jockeys and trainers. What a different service you get when going as a couple. Slow service. Overpriced. Stuck in the corner . One dish not as ordered. Different food quality, different service . much prefer the Lucky Star in Cherry Hinton. Our meal cost £90 for at the Fountain!! Never again

• Visited November 2012