“Best thai food outside of Bangkok!”
Review of Thai Street Cafe

Thai Street Cafe
Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting family in the area and grew up here so know Newmarket very well. As soon as I saw this place I wanted to go in as it looked small and intimate and I love Thailand, especially the food having visited several times.

The menu is varied and all the classics are on there as so you won't be disappointed if you are needing a holiday reminder. My favourite is massaman curry and wow this did not disappoint! It was full of flavour,exactly how I remember it and good portion size...I wish I could go back there tomorrow! We had chicken satay skewers and duck spring rolls to start which were both delicious and my boyfriend really enjoyed his drunken chicken noodles which tasted just like he'd got them off a street vendor on khao San road. Fab!

Service was very quick and attentive, only thing I wasn't keen on was the bar area, a group of lads around the bar detracted a little from the cosy initmate restaurant feeling that otherwise would have been the perfect atmosphere. I would personally request a table in the front area rather than up the steps due to this.

Overall I will definitely be back to get my thai fix and this restaurant is a great addition to the area. Kob Khun Ka!

5  Thank Parker1483

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Top class and very tasty food in an excellent atmosphere .Would recommend to anyone, a good evening out

3  Thank Steve P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is always great even if the menu is limited and can get a bit boring. It's great value for money. When busy, which is frequently it is very very noisy!

3  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We have recently moved into the area and as lovers of thai food were very happy to come across the thai street cafe on saterday and though we would try then for lunch rather than a standard pub lunch r the rip off paninis at costa and boy we were not disappointed the food was authentic And fresh and for me the wife and our 18 month old to have lunch came to £22 what a bargain we will be using the thai street cafe frequently from now on and I can't wait to have a full evening meal there

2  Thank Marshall2702
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The service in this restaurant was excellent - our waiter took time to explain a bit more about some of the options. Thai Street also offers a very good menu. The difficulty was in deciding what to eat - I would certainly go back for more if I lived in Newmarket. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank MartinJL