“been a few times....”

Ranked #4 of 92 Restaurants in Newmarket
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

...... Never been disappointed, good breakfasts which are reasonable price, scones are great and evening meals are good to!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Took my Mum for a birthday lunch. Restaurant was busy but they soon cleared and found us a table. Place has a buzzing atmophere which I like. We had the ciabatta with bacon and egg + scone and cream. Both were delicous and the latte superb. Fairly priced and will be going back.

1  Thank TheFrosts_13
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We visited our daughter in Newmarket and had sunday lunch in here, food was excellent, service was excellent, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1  Thank derek250
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I dropped in on our way across country. In need a light lunch we stopped off at the Pantry. An excellent pea and ham soup for me and mussels for my wife. Followed by cake and coffee. Friendly atmosphere and very good food. And I could park the Car in the multi storey next door.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

went in here this morning after my husband told me he had a coffee and good cake in here earlier in the week, he is very choosy about what he calls 'good' cake, and after he told me they have a choice of 5 gluten free cakes I couldn't say no!
I started off with the gluten free toast with salmon and scrambled egg, I was really impressed, the bread was edible, the best gluten free bread you can get, and the egg was top quality along with the wonderful salmon. The salmon was not just chopped into the egg, but laid in slices with the egg over it and the toast on the side. Full marks for presentation and full marks for a tasty breakfast, My husband had the vegetarian breakfast, there were none of those awful cheap veggie sausages in sight. A lovely imaginative meal including roasted beetroot and scrambled egg. Again top quality ingredients, great presentation and a tasty meal. Portion sizes are just enough, but not too much.
The waitress was timely and she had excellent knowledge of their food and understanding of the needs of a gluten free diet. The chef who I paid at the end of the meal told me all the ingredients where possible were locally sourced, including the scrummy eggs.
The decor is clean and tidy with lovely items of food to look at while you are waiting. The seating is comfortable and children welcome.
The coffee is tasty and the great choice of quality teas made the choice more difficult, but I plumped for the peppermint tea, which was served in a pot, from which I had three cups of tea. THe tea had a wonderful flavour and was freshly made.
Oh and the cake...well I was soo impressed! The gluten free options were as I described earlier, I went for the chocolate and banana cake, expecting a sort of dried up chewy cake, well nothing of the sort! It was moist and had the lovely doughy but well baked texture, and the flavours were wonderfully blended. My husband once again had his favourite, carrot cake, which also contained cranberries, he said the favour was good, plenty of good spices and excellent texture with a good cheesy/sweet creamy topping.
I reckon we will be returning, probably with our lovely family in tow, well you have to share good stuff don't you?