“Nice hotel - shame there is no car park”

Premier Inn Newmarket Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Newmarket
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stay at Premier Inns quite a lot. Many are situated on the outskirts of a town and usually have a car park. This one has a brilliant town centre location but no car park. The car park next to it is short stay and you can only park there for 3 hours within 12 hours. We stayed for two days and it was really inconvenient to have to park so far away. It amazes me that the town planners allowed this to be built without ensuring proper parking. Otherwise the location is great and you can't beat the comfy beds of the Premier Inns

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank avonsong

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Friendly welcome from reception staff, clean rooms and public areas. Parking is a slight issue at this Premier Inn but there is plenty of parking over the road. Staff are helpful and offer to put a ticket on your car for the early morning. Attached restaurant's food was good and if you order food in your room they bring it up to you, which is not common place (as I have stayed in many Premier Inns) and this extra service makes this establishment stand out from the crowd.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank toffeeladMerseyside
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Having spent the best part of two months here on business I guess I should comment on the quality of stay almost as an expert guest !
Newmarket is a lovely town in Suffolk and I must admit I never had the time to experience the horse racing or the music concerts on a Friday night, something I regret and seems to be a major pull at the weekends.
The Premier Inn is located ideally in a central location handy for shops and the many restaurants and pubs in town.
Yes car parking is well documented by other guests. It's  not on site but a public car park is just over the road. There is no charge between 4pm and 8am. Either the hotel staff will put money on your car or you can now pre pay I am told if required. I had no problems with security of my car and if you park on the 2nd level is just a quick walk over a side road.
The hotel is very new and clean, fixtures gleam and the new carpet smell is still there. The best rooms seem to be 118,218 or318 as these are on the corner and have a double aspect window. 119+,219+ and 319+ also have good views of the central roundabout, the town pavilion and the horse gallops. Noise was not a problem apart from one night when traffic was diverted from the nearby A14.
The attached restaurant "table table" is very warm and homely and attracts some local guests as well as sad business men like me! This gives it a nice pub feel and the atmosphere is very welcoming with comfy seating and nice warm lighting.  The staff are a dedicated team who work long hours(often breakfast and evening meal times) and always do there best to look after you needs. Glen and Louise lead the team confidently and clearly understand service values.
 Roshandra... ;-), Naomi , Lucy, Sam and Michael all serve you quickly and with dedication, but leaving time to chat about your day which was nice.
 Food was good quality and value as you would expect from premier inn and was cooked well. I did a couple of times ask for it to be well done as I prefer it a bit crispy, I guess the pace can dictate this sometimes.
Overall the hotel seems like a hotel and not cheap put me up, Lenny Henry would like it here as opposed to the premier inn by the A14 in Cambridge which felt like I was doing bird while I stayed in there!
 I would  100% recommend it and would love to come back one day with my family and would be happy to part with my own cash  rather than my company picking up the tab.
Well done to the premier inn team in Newmarket, 9.9 out of 10.
Enjoy you stay, I did for 8 weeks !

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank CBrowning
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Visited with a largeish group for a weekend racing and we were all happy with the hotel. Clean rooms, Beds comfy, food was fine, good value and excellent staff. Lots of compliments from those that travelled with me about the niceness of the staff, who always had a nice word to say and nothing was too much trouble. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Qzy

We stayed at this unspeakable hotel on Friday night 17/8/12
First you have to park across the road then haul your bags around the multistorey car park , then cross the busy road.
Room we booked was on the second floor but it was not ready, even though it was 3pm . So we were given the last room at the end of the corridor on the top floor,
After waiting 20 mins for the lift we found the room with no towels, you can't phone down to reception because there's no phone.
After a wonderful time at Newmarket races you get back late and have to go into the dark multistorey car park to put a ticket on for the next morning.
Breakfast was ordered at 9am and arrived at 10.35am and it was cold , they do this so you can't complain , they know your car ticket runs out at 11.
So you have to shove the breakfast down at record speed then rush to room get packed check out and over to the car park before you get fined.
Unspeakable hotel never to return!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Racegoer1
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Premier Inns are fairly consistent , they offer a good value budget friendly product and this Hotel has all of the usual Premier Inn standard features , so its fairly good value.
Its slightly unusual in that its right in the town centre , so its very convenient for restaurants etc, and It does also have the added benefit of air conditioning in the rooms ( rare in Premier Inns )

The only downside is that it does not have a car park and there is not even a place to pull up to unload cases, so you have to park across the street in the public pay and display multi-story (free between 4pm and 8am ) and then walk through the car park and along the street with your cases . I personally prefer a hotel with its own car park - but apart from that this is as I say pretty much the standard Premier Inn product

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night attending a conference at the rowley mile centre.
This hotel is walking distance from the train station.
As u exit the railstation car park turn right and the end of the road turn left, the end of that road is the town centre.

The premier inn is near the clock tower.
Checking was efficient.
The hotel as with this chain is clean and same decor.

My room was large with a comfortable bed.
Powerful hot shower and complimentary soap/shampoo/bodywash.
The AC worked and there was tea/coffee.

The hotel is located at a busy junction.
I could hear the noise from the traffic outside. I decided to close the window but there was no latch to close. Decided to wait until after 6pm to see if the traffic would be quieter, but still the noise was a bit too much.
I went down to reception and Amanda was at my door 5 mintues later armed with a butter knife and a screwdriver. She managed to close the window. I could see she has done that before.
The noise was still a bit too much for me to sleep, so I asked to be moved. I was moved to another room just on the side facing waitrose. Althought the noise was less I could still hear the traffic. Lucky for me the hotel wasnt that full so I could be moved.

I feel asleep only to be awaken by the traffic noise at 6 am which was perfect for me as I needed to head to my conference. I am a light sleeper so was suprised to have a restful sleep.
But my train journey was 5hrs so I was more tired than I thought.

Breakfast was continental, plentiful and good. I thought the fruit salad wasnt that fresh especially the orange slices.

All in all a good location but the noise from the traffic would have been too much if I wanted a lie in.
The hotel is built at the junction so nothing can be done.
But if u are going to the races and had loads to drink I dont think the traffic would matter too much.

Good customer service, thanks again to Amanda for her help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road