Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
White Hart Hotel(Newmarket)
$56
$54
  • Restaurant
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
$106
$103
Travelocity
$81
TripAdvisor
The Black Horse Inn(Swaffham Bulbeck)
$117
Worlington Hall(Mildenhall)
$99
Cadogan Hotel(Newmarket)
Tuddenham Mill(Tuddenham)
Priceline
All reviewsbrown toiletriessquires restaurantsteam roomswimming poolleisure facilitiesturn down servicelovely hoteljunior suitehealth clubexcellent facilitiesafternoon teafresh milkstandard roombiscuitsfood was lovelybar areaset menu
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We decided to get away from the children for a night and found this hotel on the net. From the moment we arrived to the time we left all I can say is excellent. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms (we stayed in the newly refurbished section) are excellent, roomy clean and tidy. The bar area is relaxed and the food in the restaurant is superb.
We did not use the leisure facilities however from what we could see these look good too.
If I have one very minor issue it related to the drink making facilities in the room. Everything is supplied and when I asked for more coffee at reception it was delivered before I got back to the room. However, we are morning coffee drinkers and the supplied cafetiere is only good for one of the supplied cups, so if you both want coffee its either half a cup each or you have to make two.
Look if that’s all I can find wrong then you’re not going to go far wrong staying here. We shall be back.
Oh and lastly if you want to walk into town it’s a 5 minute stroll.
Great relaxing hotel with good facilities and really friendly staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in 234. Dual aspect overlooking one of Newmarkets studs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mr-H-Cambridge
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Myself and my mother have just stayed at the bedford lodge hotel in newmarket for two nights.It was a very enjoyable experience.From driving into the gate you know you are in for a treat.It looks stunning from the outside and from the minute you step into the hotel you are met at reception by very cheerful and professional staff.Nothing is too much trouble for them.The rooms are stunning and comfortable,the bar is open very late and stocks a wide range of drinks,especially malt whiskies.May I especially say a big thankyou to Katria Stwell & Leigh Burdett who were unbelievably nice to guests..The restaurante is fabulous and breakfast was a real treat.This hotel should really be in the £250+ a night price rage but hey thank the lord it's not.I canot wait to return soon

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pot5y
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here after a dinner dance. The hotel is excellent, lovely setting situated in its own grounds and away from road noise. Reception is modern and inviting, as are the rooms which are spacious. Staff are in the main friendly and efficient. Only two negative comments - the food at the event was not the best, but I won't hold that against them until I've eaten in the restaurant proper. At breakfast the young lad who greeted me took my room number then said 'Take a seat, I will be with you shortly' then proceeded to tidy up other tables and ignore me. A young lady served me after a while and she was very attentive and completely made up for the other server. These were minor things though - the overall impression is of a really nice country hotel.

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Dusty428
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My Partner has been under the Weather due to poor health, so we decided to take the opportunity to sneak away for a one-night break.
After deciding we didn't want to spend hours driving (as we were only going for a single night) we agreed that somewhere around the Cambridge area would be good (we both love the City).
We did some searching, and found the Bedford Lodge to be the best choice - about an hour from home, plus a good quality.
In the event, we didn't get to Cambridge. We spent a few hours visiting Bury St Edmunds (a lovely town, with a good mixture of Independent retailers, and a thriving Saturday Market).
We arrived at the Hotel at approx 14:30. The location is within two minutes of Newmarket Town, and surrounded by the local Horse Studs (one was viewable from our bedroom windows).
Check-in was swift, friendly and efficient, and we duly went to our room. We had booked a 'superior double with King-sized bed. The room also boasted a separate bath and large separate shower cubicle (I believe these are new rooms - the condition was spotless).
The room also had a safe, fridge and what looked like a 32'' TV (with Freeview).

We also used the pool and Jucuzzi within the health suite (they have a gym as well, but didn't use that).
Again, the facilities (changing rooms) were spotless, and the pool a good size (and surprisingly for a Saturday afternoon, quiet).
The jucuzzi was a little disappointing - the water felt more tepid than hot, and some of the jets were actually releasing cold water. A member of staff came along to take a sample of water whilst we were there, and said they were 'looking into it'.

We tried to book a restuarant table on checking in, but were told the first available wasn't until 20:30, which we both thought too late, so we decided to eat in the Bar.

The Bar area is lovely, and the bar food equally so. My partner went for the locally-produced sausage & mash, whilst I chose the Fish, home made chips & mushy peas - both excellent, and bearing in mind this is a 4* hotel, reasonable price-wise (Fish, chips & Mushy peas £13.95, I think my Partners sausage dish was £9;95).
We also had desserts, and rounded off with Irish Coffee - (a little steep at £7.50 pp), but overall good value, and excellent food.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Splash out and go for one of the new superior rooms....they are worth the bit extra
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob A
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in a suite, having stayed in 5 star plus hotels all over the world this hotel is definitely one of the best. The fresh jug of milk in the fridge for our coffee makes the perfect stay.
Food in the restaurant was superb, the fillet steak far better than gauchos and staff makes the ambiance relaxed and comfortable. We would drive from our home 50 miles away just for the steak. A very pleasing stay and would definitely come back soon.
The Bedford lodge has got it right!!

• Stayed: February 2013