Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa
$54
$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
$106
$103
Orbitz.com
$80
Priceline
The Black Horse Inn(Swaffham Bulbeck)
$117
Worlington Hall(Mildenhall)
$99
Cadogan Hotel(Newmarket)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbrown toiletriessquires restaurantsteam roomswimming poolleisure facilitiesturn down servicelovely hoteljunior suitehealth clubexcellent facilitiesafternoon teafresh milkstandard roombiscuitsfood was lovelybar areaset menu
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Many friends had spoken about this hotel and it was well worth the visit. The whole aura about the hotel feels like a top London hotel.
Hotel is spotless and the staff are so polite and friendly beyond belief. The room was clean and calming. Good night's sleep in ages.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Booked Bedford Lodge on the strength of its spa facilities for an anniversary weekend out of town.

Having been refurbished recently, the quality of finish and facilities were on a par with any Park Lane hotel and far exceeded our expectations at this rate and location.

Service was slick, highly professional and courteous. We had been given the impression by Booking.com that a whirlpool bath would be in the room and while staff were unable to remedy this, they went to great lengths to demonstrate that this misleading information was not its fault but that of the online agent. Having had cause for complaint at many hotels over the years, I was satisfied that Booking.com was at fault and I won't be using them again.

Small niggles only. The room missed (complimentary) drinking water, a second bathrobe (one robe is supplied 'for ladies' only, despite being a spa hotel) and a music centre/iPod dock.

Apart from these minor quibbles, I really can't fault Bedford Lodge and hope to return someday.

Room Tip: Make phone contact in advance to ensure the exact specification of your accommodation at the room rate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamesvanbregt
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Bedford Lodge is in a pretty, almost rural setting a few minutes drive from central Newmarket.

If you are using a taxi service, it would pay to confirm a price as we were charged two differing amounts for the same trip.

I thought the reception desk was awkwardly placed and when more than 2 people were waiting to be seen the area appeared crowded and service slow. There were seats close by, but when checking in/out most people just want to get the job done .

The reception staff didn't go out of their way to greet you- I stood for several minutes one day whilst one finished a phone call and another moved suitcases into a holdng room, No smile, no 'sorry to keep you waiting, how can I help' but a sharp 'yes?'

The cosy bedroom was just adequate in size but had a good fitted wardrobe with a comfortable bed and good quality linen.
A couple of easy chairs, desk and tv.
The bathroom was clean but there wasn't much hanging space for damp towels. (Asking guests to consider saving the planet by using towels more than once is a great idea and all the rage) Personally, I'd give up the toiletries for a separate shower,well designed and modern bathroom without leaks and drips.This is a pleasant building, but it is old enough to be showing its age and there are parts of it that need a good overhaul, rather than a patch up.

Our room overlooked the stables, which we enjoyed. As the weather improved, and despite an open window, the room did become stuffy as we didn't want to hear the air conditioning all night.

The restaurant food was ordinary. We had a dinner and a few breakfasts. Coffee was cold every morning and there was a wrong order at every meal. Once is acceptable, but more than that is just bad service.

We were away from the hotel every day after breakfast, returning to get changed for dinner elsewhere as part of our conference. This hotel charged us 120 UK pounds/night and we were part of a large group and I don't think the hotel delivered value for money.

The reception staff were not as helpful as one might expect. We asked we could borrow an adaptor for our laptop- they didn't have one but offered to source one the next day. On our return we enquired if one had been found. Nothing available locally, they said. The following day I went into Newmarket and bought a suitable adaptor for 4 pounds in the High Street.
I also enquired about the cost of overseas phone calls, and received a confusing response, which ended in the receptionist telling me that she didn't really know what the charges would be because charges were per pulse, but didn't know how long a pulse was - when pressed, she looked again and gave me an approximate value for just under a minute.
Not an entirely satisfactory answer but I had to make the calls .I was astounded to find later that the charges were unbelievably high. A call that would cost me a max of 5 UK pounds elsewhere on our European trip was charged at 94.80 UK pounds for 23 minutes. Which was double the rate I had been told.
Surely at this rate,their staff should be able to answer calling charge questions more accurately. Or the hotel should upgrade its calling technology.

Once you got past the attractive exterior we didn't think this hotel gave good service or value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 8horses
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Bedford park keeps up standards in what otherwise is a bit of a hotel desert.
Nice friendly staff , very very clean, good food and beverage side - leisure centre is lovely.
All in all no complaints.
No buffet breakfast ..............hurrah............ so the bacon and eggs is piping hot.
My room (26) backed onto the adjacent stables so i expected a bit of noise early in the morning but a good standard of window fittings kept it nice and quiet.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are very superior but you pay for them
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I love this hotel and staff are great, but really shocked to enter the gym and the first thing that hit me was the smell of damp and mould, some of he equipment really needs a clean down and I don't just mean people wiping sweat off with a flannel. Its a real shame it really getting tired and un down and painting over the mould isn't going to help any respiratory problems people have in there.
Still on the up side the pool is ok and like the new extension and rooms.

Room Tip: Room 32 or room 119
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business