“Amateurish”

The Gallops Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Newmarket
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

The teapots are tiny (barely one cup). Ploughman’s was “chucked” on the plate with a doorstop of bread and a whole apple including stalk (not even quartered or cut). Lacks finesse and effort in presentation of food. Not even any salad dressing available! Waiting staff, although pleasant enough, just youngsters with lack of professionalism (giggling behind the counter etc.). Food uninspiring and unimaginative-overall amateurish.

Date of visit: April 2018
4  Thank LindaP5062

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

I have to say that the team here were wonderful! Ver accommodating, friendly and just the right amount of attention without being over bearing. The menu is small but perfectly executed. It's all home made using local ingredients and the finish is truly professional.
The tea room it's self is elegantly decorated in a mix of soft grey and white. They have done a wonderful job of elegance with a homely and comfortable feel.
I have done a few visits there now for meetings and have been more and more impressed each time! I think it's safe to say it's become my 'go to meeting place' of choice!
I will have to make sure I don't go for the high tea again though, it was divine but I rolled out afterwards and was next to useless for the rest of the afternoon!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank skpyefinch
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I popped in with my mum to try out the new tea room as we were in Newmarket. Brilliant experience, the staff were welcoming and friendly. We got a choice of where to sit, the decor is done so tastefully. The teas were loose leaf I believe and I ordered just a ham and mayo sandwich and asked for a bit of salad to be put in. Absolutely delicious. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank 581charlottem
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We felt very welcomed on our first and subsequent visits to this new tea room that has been opened in April 2018. It feels fresh, cosy and relaxed. We had a delicious breakfast (and lunch on a different day) that met all our expectations. We really like the decor that is not as owerwhelming as it can be in other tea rooms in England.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank Надежда Р
Reviewed June 13, 2018

It is really nice inside this place, unfortunately not so nice inside the sandwich I had!
I had a Coronation Chicken sandwich, the amount of filling inside was very poor, chicken only, and not that much of it, none of the fruit that was mentioned as part of the coronation chicken and at almost £6 I expected better! The restaurant next door offers a lunchtime main and a drink for £6 which is much better value! The coffee was also poor, not a good latte. A couple of lettuce leaves and a few crisps were also on the plate. Having had sandwiches out for lunch before I would suggest whoever makes them try the ones at Scotsdales garden centre or Glasswells furniture store cafes to see how filling and presentation should be for that money. Not good

Date of visit: May 2018