“Absolutely delicious ”
Review of Monza's Place

Monza's Place
Ranked #23 of 96 Restaurants in Newmarket
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Love this place, great food and great service, asked for advice and I was looked after, all family enjoyed it defo be back, best one in this area

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I made my first, of many I am sure, last Monday with a friend who has been telling me about Monza’s for ages.

Wow!

A modern take on the Indian restaurant. Spotless interior and crispy linen tablecloths. Dining in either booths or at tables.

Superb food with great service from the owner Monza himself. The curry was spicy and very flavoursome. Light fluffy pilau rice and a feather-light keema naan packed with meat.

Good beers are available. Cobra and Kingfisher on draft and a new beer to me in bottles ’Bhagra’ (my spelling may be slightly inaccurate).

Access for mobility challenged customers is easy as entry is via a ramp and there is plenty of manoeuvring room to access tables by the door.

I understand that the restaurant is hosting both an astronomy night and a Card Reading night in the near future. Monza said that the Card Reading.night is Thursday 2nd August. The astronomy night is before then. They both sound a great way to find an excuse to go for an excellent meal.

5* from us at every level.

We’ll be back.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Went to Monzas Place for dinner, we waited for one hour and twenty minutes to get our mains. I was in disbelief. Tables that had been there before us had incredibly long waits too. Not sure if it had to do with the cooking staff. When we got our mains the coconut rice was too sweet to eat, like it was covered in confectionary sugar. We had complained to the wait staff immediately about the rice being too sweet. The waitress took the rice and did not tell us if she told the chef. They were not listening to our complaints. The restaurant should always be open to complaints and listen to their customers. The spinach tasted very old and off like mold. The chickpeas and the potatoes were undercooked and hard. In addition, the potatoes tasted like the fridge.The biriani, however, was good and edible. Overall it was a dissapointing experience and we will not be going back.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. It was delicious. The service was very good. The waiter(owner) was friendly and fun to visit with. Great meal. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t realized Monza had moved here but I’ve always enjoyed his speciality dishes.
After the 1000 Guineas, my wife, our friends and our children all ordered from here. The food was exceptional, I particularly recommend the date syrup Monza Special.