Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Tours by Town Car comes with a true Haligonian. Haligonians? Yes, that is what they call themselves!

Jim Curry, owner/operator of Tours by Town Car, met us at the airport in Halifax and starting... read more

Reviewed yesterday
NeilB47
Denver
Jim Currie is a Gentleman

8/20/18: We were on a family reunion cruise which included my 80 yr old mother who sustained a... read more

Reviewed January 15, 2019
Thomas F

All reviews private tour hour tour halifax area peggy's cove cruise ship jim currie lexus stories highlights pier
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I contacted Jim to arrange transportation and touring for a 3 days. He quickly responded to all my e-mails and questions. The booking process was very smooth and quick. Our driver Bryan for the first 2 days was outstanding. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. Plus he went above and beyond to accommodate our special needs. Our driver Frederick for the return trip to the airport was excellent as well. They always arrived early and the cars were in excellent condition and very clean. Overall, I was really impressed and will be using again in the future. I definitely recommend this company.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Jim picked us up at our ship and took us on a great tour. A stop for lunch in Chester at Jim's recommendation. Jim, a local, filled us in on the history of everywhere we visited. A delightful time. Highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

So I have used these guys for nearly 2 decades.

I just realized when I started this review that it has been a long time.

I use the prearranged airport service for my work (I fly to work, not drive) and sometimes get the owner, then sometimes get employees.
When I chat to employees, they are sometimes retired teachers who I can talk history with or locals who I can exchange "points of interest" with.

So oddly although I am no tourist and have a huge knowledge of the province... I would send any tourist to see Tours by Towncar for a simple tour of the city or an extended tour of the historical sites in my province... tell them what you need, and they will match you to a driver.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed our tour with Jim. We had a relaxing and informative drive through Halifax and out to Peggy's Cove. I appreciated the fact that our tour was slow paced and Jim was eager to offer suggestions but also accommodated all of our request. He also handled our airport transportation needs. We hope to plan an Autumn visit soon and will definitely call Jim again!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed December 22, 2016

Last September when we were in Halifax, we had a wonderful experience on the tour that we took with Mr. Currie to visit Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. It was a wonderful day. He kept us busy all the time showing us all around and with he is very knowledgeable and fun. As this was a private tours on a Limo, we had the chance to take more time in some places. He also took different highways going and coming back and at the end he gave us a small tour of the areas that interested us in Halifax, which were not included in the program. That was a great surprise for us, and a nice way to end of our tour before he dropped us at our cruise. Thank you for a great day.

Date of experience: September 2016