The Bull
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Crown Hotel(Long Melford)
View Hotel
Black Lion Hotel(Long Melford)
The Bell(Clare)
View Hotel
The Crown, Stoke By Nayland(Stoke by Nayland)
View Hotel
All reviewswedding partylovely old buildinggreene kingcreaky floorboardsoak beamslots of characterlovely venueold englishkipperswedding breakfastan evening mealmain coursecomfortable bedhigh streetbreakfast was excellentbooked a superior roomfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was the venue for my daughters wedding and reception. The wedding planner and her team made the day absolutely magical, the wedding itself was very emotional, the room was set out beautifully.The restaurant where the reception was to take place was set out lovely with the top able being along the chimney breast (this was a bit of a tight squeeze when the bride and groom wanted to give out the bridesmaids thank you gifts and the speech).
The food was exactly as requested by the bride, groom and the guests and was delicious, especially the trio of desserts.
Once the food was finished we had coffee in the lounge allowing the staff to clear the tables and turn the room into the evening set up. Following the arrival of more guests a lovely buffet was provided inside and some food was also taken outside to the reserved garden area. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff attending to any request,fetching fans so we didn't over heat during our meal and even running out to get some milk for my little granddaughter so she could settle down for the evening (Madison was the youngest bridesmaid at 19 months and obviously she was the most demanding and vocal too). We stayed the night at the hotel and had a lovely wedding breakfast with the new Mr and Mrs Jackson.
A very very big thank you to Theresa and her team.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

We are very glad to hear that your daughters wedding went well. We are very proud of the service Terrisa and the team offer for weddings. Thank you for taking the time to put your feelings online. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay here and I think we enjoyed it even more than the first. Service was exceptional especially at breakfast. Only disappointment was a bar meal we had one evening which was very average. We will be going back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Jason C, Guest Relations Manager at The Bull, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your second visit to the Bull and thanks very much for the feedback. Gary and the team look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Attended my sister -in-law wedding. Set up was great - room was very decorative, at times the room was rather hot but fans were provided. Staff very polite and attentive. Service was good but not as good as it could have been - it wasn't really flowy....(childs meals took longer than expected!)

The melon for starter was great and well presented. My chicken was good along with the sauce. My fiance had the beef and this was too overcooked - very well done and was rather tasteless. Disappointing, Desserts were great with a three selection and again very well presented.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks very much for your comments regarding the recent Wedding Reception you attended at the Bull. We were disappointed to learn that your Fiance did not enjoy the Roast Beef served that day.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sorry to say that despite the lovely location and building this hotel was a bit of a let down, especially for the room cost.

Upon arrival I wanted to check my e-mails, although I was advised an engineer had been trying to fix a problem for some days and it was not available.

On entering our room, which was spacious and clean, it was clearly evident the furnishing was tired and dated. In fairness there was a large flat screen television, iron and ironing board.

The bathroom smelt dank and was also dated. Toiletries provided were limited to a small bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo.

Tea and coffee was supplied in the room, although there was no sugar (my partner has a sweet tooth) and the one remaining packet of sweetener had been used and replaced in the container.

The water in the shower didn't run consistently temperature wise, albeit the sudden rush of cold water certainly was refreshing!. Also the shower curtain spent most of the time wrapping itself round the occupant that stopping water going on the floor, the wrong size or fitting I suspect.

The bed consisted of two large singles pushed together, although the topper made this almost unnoticeable. Sheets were clean and the duvet soft.

In the morning breakfast was served in the beautiful restaurant area. My partner and I both picked eggs benedict only to be told they had run out of holendaise sauce. Instead we chose the scrambled eggs and salmon, which arrived in good time but omitted the lemon slice advertised.

I would suggest this could be a lovely place to stay, but as it is needs some work to bring it up to a good standard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas M

Thanks very much for your feedback. We do value all comments received and are sorry to hear that your visit did not live up to your expectations on this occasion

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

One of my dearest friends held their wedding & reception here. Weather perfect, ceremony loving & great do! Never having been to venue I didn't know what to expect! But wow, service, friendliness of staff etc have made us want to go back for a romantic stay! Beautiful building too. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013

I was glad to hear that you had a great time with us at your friends Wedding recently. Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again very soon.