“A Really Nice Place to Stay”

The Long Melford B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Long Melford B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we attended a musical event in the church. There's not much to add to the favourable reviews before save to re-iterate the brilliant welcome and sincere hospitality during our stay. Breakfast is exemplary and many hotels could learn a thing or two from this. Wish we could find an excuse to go back soon.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lovely hosts who make you feel really welcome. English breakfast cooked beautifully. Full marks for the fab eggs and tasty granary toast in particular! We liked the chalet room and were pleased that we could leave our bikes safely secured to the fence just outside. The bed was super comfy, room temperature just right and good to have tea and coffee in the room. Decent shower. If you're looking for an overnight stay in a comfy place you can't go far wrong here. Long Melford itself is very pretty and we enjoyed taking advantage of the award-winning curry house up the road (Melford Valley Tandoori).

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LauraEWilliams
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was working in the area. The owners were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was tasty, the room was clean, the shower was good and they had some complementary toiletries. This isn't the Ritz but for £45 it is really good value. The hotel is in a great location near the centre of the village and a short walk from the country park, which is beautiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking for a reasonable hotel at a great price with really great service

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked with the Long Melford Inn, specifying in the additional requirements field that I would be arriving in the evening - between 9pm and 10pm, on the assumption that this would be okay because it's a pub/bar as well. I assumed that someone would phone me if it were not okay for me to arrive at this time.

I received no phone call, so I turned up from the train station around 9:30 as specified, when I arrived the Inn was deserted. No answer at the door, no answer on the phone. I was unable to make contact with anyone to find out what was going on. There no bed for me to sleep in, and not many alternatives in this small village, far from anywhere.

I realise now that I should have phoned to check my arrival time and not just relied on the Inn to call me if it was a problem. However, I consider it pretty terrible customer service to allow someone to make a booking with you, and not make them aware of the fact that there won't be anyone there to open the door to them!

I ended up sleeping in my friend's car, in which the temperature was below freezing. Not happy. I'll never book this place again.

Room Tip: If you're arriving late, phone first.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kieran S
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending a nearby wedding

It is pretty standard B&B fare, clean room, the usual facilities, full English for breakfast etc

The place is about a mile from the nearest pubs and shops in Long Melford

The only negative was that the wifi doesn't currently extend to the en-suite chalets and the service on Orange isn't 3G

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night in the long melford inn to attend a wedding nearby. The rooms are simple and could probably do with a lick of paint, but the beds were comfortable, the owner extremely friendly and the cooked breakfast superb. It was served later than usually so we could get some more sleep, which was really nice.
If you don't mind sharing a bathroom and need a reasonably prized place to stay, pick this b&b.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The Long Melford Inn is clean, comfortable and very welcoming. If you are looking for good value and a good nights sleep, then you really can't go wrong. The landlord is extremely friendly, and went above & beyond during our stay, kindly driving us to our party AND picking us up again. Exceptional service and we were very grateful.

Anyone planning a visit to Long Melford that needs a bed for the night- stay at The Long Melford Inn. Yes, one can stay at a posh hotel etc, but you simply cannot get better value for money than here.

Thanks for the warm welcome- we'll be back when we're in the area and need a bed.

Room Tip: The Chalet rooms are good & basic. They allow groups of friends to come and go as you please. Do...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
The George & Dragon Inn
#5 of 5 in Long Melford
1 mi away
Melford House at The Long Melford Swan

Been to The Long Melford B&B? Share your experiences!