“A wonderful place to stay”
Review of Lavenham Priory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lavenham
Lavenham Priory
Ranked #2 of 8 Lavenham B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I planned this as a special treat for my family during our recent vist to the UK. The place has a wonderful sense of history and has been lovingly restored. Tim and Gilli are very welcoming hosts. The breakfasts are excellent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
london
Reviewed November 27, 2011

About as good as it gets, lovely historic rooms to sleep in with a modern bathroom which was spotless. Able to sit in the great hall in the evening by a wood fire with a drink in hand, breakfast was in another historic room and what a breakfast it was.
It`s easy to forget this is a family house which made the experience even better.
Best place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Clearly the owners have expended spent much time, love and money in restoring this place, for which we as the public have to be grateful for. However, throughout out stay we felt more like a necessary evil than welcome guests. Considering the fact that as paying customers we must be funding the life style of the owners I would have expected at least a minimum of hospitality. Instead we found ourselves whispering most of the time we were there, and when it came to checking out on Sunday morning, which was to take place at the very unfriendly time of ten thirty in the morning, we had a knock on the door from the owner at ten to eleven reminding us, just in case we had forgotten. To be Lord and Lady of the manor takes more than just owning a big house. Noblesse oblige.

2 Thank Patricia d
Essex,UK
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and i stayed one night last week and i would like to have stayed longer.
Friendly hosts and a wonderful building.A welcoming open fire on a damp evening nad drinks available if we wanted.
|Would certainly stay again if in the area.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My Partner booked the Priory Suite as an Anniversary present with dinner across the road in The Swan. We were made to feel very welcome, and the Priory is quite magnificent. For such an old building I was very pleasantly surprised at how warm and cosy it was throughout. The current owners have restored this period house with such attention to detail, but with the comfort of the modern era. I loved it. Our suite had a huge bathroom with cast iron freestanding bath, a separate lounge downstairs and the most comfortable enormous 4 poster bed. Dinner at The Swan was superb and highly recommended. Dress smart. Breakfast the following morning was a struggle to find room for after all we had eaten the night before, but you manage somehow!! First class and worth the extra pounds for something really special. For those with an historical interest this building will not let you down.

Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I can't comment on the hotel itself but my experience might be of interest.

I booked the hotel but then tried to cancel it 2 weeks before going and was told that I would have to pay 60% of the cost if I did not go. I said under the circumstances I would honour the booking. If, however, they could resell the booking they would let me know. They resold the booking but failed to inform me and if I had not rung them on the morning of the visit to tell them when I would arrive I would have got there to find there was no room. Disappointing service. I can't speak for the place itself as I never got there.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank David R
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We decided on a short break of 3 nights somewhere in East Anglia. This place popped up and we went for it. It was perfect. Our only problem was we were too warm at night! But easy to solve; we opened the windows!
The village itself is well worth seeing and the places to eat at are fantastic. It was not cheap to eat or stay but worth every penny and we would deffinitely stay at Lavenham Priory again.
We liked the honesty approach - where your rooms are not locked and you can help yourself to a drink and write down what you have had. A refreshing change in this day and age; we only wish it could happen more often.
We only had to ask and the owners were more than helpful, they were about but not in your face so you could relax and not feel that you were intruding in their beautiful home.
Enjoy a few days here - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I think you would like any of them - the ones we were able to see looked fantastic too.