“Absolutely superb”

Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lavenham
“Absolutely superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My Husband and I loved every moment that we have spent staying in the Swan from the minute we arrive to our unfortunate departure. I still did not want to leave after we checked out and remained sitting in the gardens soaking up the sun and the wonderful atmosphere.

Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded free of charge to the Gainsborough Suite which was a lovely surprise and extremely generous.

Everything about the hotel is absolutely faultless. The staff from management, reception, house maids, waiters etc are so friendly and do everything possible to make your stay perfect.

The food is absolute perfection and the service impeccable.

I was just surprised that the Star rating sign outside did not have 5 stars. This hotel certainly deserves to be awarded with this.

We were recommended this hotel by friends and we will certainly go on recommending it to all our other friends.

I hope very much that we will have the opportunity to go back and visit again soon.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Freddiepugsy
IngoWiangke, General Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Freddie

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am ever so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you felt well looked after. Thank you for being an advocate of The Swan, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Ingo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the 2nd time visiting old haunts, family & friends. The reception & bar staff were excellent, very polite & eager to help. My room was lovely, well appointed and with excellent wifi connection. the downside ..As a single traveller I decided to take room service. On placing my order on the 2nd evening I was informed that my room menu was old & my choice subsequently unavailable (it had been the evening before !) breakfast was a comedy.. I had two hot drinks delivered, no orange juice (although requested) & no butter or cereal spoon on my tray... Yes I will return as it still remains my favourite place to stay when in the area.. However, there needs to be better communication & co-ordination to live up to its otherwise excellent reputation .

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gabby72
Dear Gabby

Thank you for your review, we have received your feedback and I am very sorry we did not live up to our standards on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact me to dicsuss further, I look forward to meeting you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just had a short stay at this hotel and it was the first time in years that we have found a quality hotel excellent service and amazing food. All the staff were excellent and very well trained and nothing was to much trouble and made to feel very comfortable.We will be returning again soon.

Room Tip: Lovely room over looking the garden.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IngoWiangke, General Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Nancekivell

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel, WOW, what lovely feedback. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed every moment of your stay. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Wigan, United Kingdom

Just back from a 3 day stay at the swan
The service provided by the excellent staff of a very high standard, the food first class. We stayed in a large pleasant room with oak beams - a huge very comfortable bed ensured a good nights sleep - the bathroom was fine but perhaps in need of modernisation. The hotel proved an excellent base for exploring Suffolk, The lounge is very comfortable - the garden and enclosed courtyard are all excellent places to read, take afternoon tea or have a drink.
It is worth emphasising the level of service provided by every member of staff at the hotel

Room Tip: Look on the website Ring and ask the staff to describe them.
Dear Carrowniskey

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback on your stay at the hotel, I will pass them onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for my father's birthday celebrations, and although we were worried when we arrived as there was a wedding going on in the hotel, the staff could not have been more attentive. We were looked after very well - making sure we had somewhere quite to enjoy our time together as a family and ensuring we had everything we needed at all times.

From check-in to departure, the service was faultless. The hotel room was spotless, and such a lovely characterful room. Even our dog was made to feel welcome throughout the hotel.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road through the village
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IngoWiangke, General Manager at Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Frances

I am so pleased we helped make your celebration that little bit more special, thank you for your kind comments I will pass these onto the team. I do hope you visit again soon.

London, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited as a birthday treat for my sister, hoping for luxury and peace. Sadly we didn't really experience either. We were in a twin room (number 2). It was a reasonable size with original beams, but there were grease marks on the arm chairs and the decorative cushions, dents and horrid marks in the bath and a general feel of faded grandeur. The noise from the staircase and rooms above meant disturbances through much of the night (allowances made for it being an old building but it was extremely disruptive), and the road noise was intrusive during the early morning. We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast package but were not given sight of the 'house' menu until sitting down for dinner. It was extremely limited, as was the a la carte option. When we asked to eat off of the Brasserie menu instead, and ordered burgers, they had none. The Gallery staff were not particularly gracious. We felt compelled to eat there, and had we seen the menu, could have made alternative arrangements. Breakfast was a completely different experience with a friendly and attentive staff member and everything on the menu was available. For the premium price I expected a lot more. What a shame.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank theholidayingsisters
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share you constructive feedback, the team work very hard to ensure all areas of the hotel are to the highest standards and I am sorry you did not feel that this was achieved. If you would like to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Popped into the Swan on a summer Sunday visit to Lavenham and had a rather lovely lunch in the garden. the service was friendly and attentive and we both had a roast beef lunch , and followed up with summer pudding. Both courses were excellent. On a summer day the small garden area was a great place to while away the afternoon. After tearing ourselves away for some culture, in exploring the lovely village it was back to the Swan for a delightful cream tea.
I had been to Lavenham before and have to say I look forward to returning and would love to use the Swan for a hotel break in this delightful part of Suffolk,
S

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tony

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your lunch & afternoon tea in our Suffolk garden, we have been so lucky with the weather. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ingo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavenham
Salthouse Harbour Hotel
#1 of 8 in Newmarket
Tuddenham Mill
Tuddenham Mill
#1 of 1 in Tuddenham

Been to Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham? Share your experiences!