Lavenham Old Rectory
$77
$128
$124
$110
Black Lion Hotel(Long Melford)
$126
$105
The Bull(Long Melford)(Great Value!)
$80
The Crown Hotel(Long Melford)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
$93
$84
$74
$61
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa(Leavenheath)(Great Value!)
$180
$107
Agoda.com
$168
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is close to lavenham and long melford good central place for travelling around suffolk clean friendly and helpful I've stayed often and would do again the beds are comfy and sheets etc clean

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed with our 3 year old daughter in one of the suites. Susie and her husband have lovingly restored and renovated both buildings to a very high standard. Everything has been thought if to ensure our stay was as comfortable and relaxing as we had hoped. We were also pleased that my husband and I could enjoy an evening out, as Susie arranged for her house keeper to be the baby sitter. We will definitely return and would recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013

What fantastic service. Susie welcomed us on arrival and had arranged an evening meal at Marco Pierre White's restaurant, which was excellent. We stayed in the Coach House suite. The decor was modern and fresh but with a mixture of old beams. Breakfast was served direct to our suite in the conservatory style breakfast room.
A very enjoyable stay.
I would highly recommend the Coach House Suite.

Room Tip: The Coach House Suite has it's own conservatory and gardens.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed two nights in the Gainsborough Room. It's a beautiful suite fitted to the highest standards and extremely spacious and comfortable. It made a lovely bolt hole from the cold, damp weather. Triple aspect windows gave the room an airy, open feel. The guest lounge where breakfast was also served was warm and comfortable and we were made to feel most welcome to use it. Nice to come back to of an evening after supper in Lavenham.

The hosts were charming, friendly, knowledgeable and attentive throughout. Breakfast was extensive and everything was fresh and delicious.

Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I checked into the Lavenham Old Rectory on the eve of my wedding and were warmly welcomed by the owner Susie despite being quite a bit later than anticipated! Susie took superb care of us, showing us to our rooms (Gainsborough and De Vere rooms) and ensuring we always had everything we needed.
The Saturday morning Susie had organised for her chef to come in and prepare us an early breakfast to allow us to begin our preparations for the wedding promptly. The different services who arrived for us (hair, make up, photographer, cars, etc) were all welcomed warmly and shown to my room upstairs promptly and efficiently. The morning ran extremely smoothly and Susie did her best to ensure we were all OK.
After the evening, my new husband and I were due to return to the Lavenham Old Rectory to stay in one of the new coach house suites. On our arrival our room had been beautifully and tastefully decorated and arranged. It was well stocked with complementary water, robes and slippers and the honesty mini bar was well stocked at very reasonable prices. Housekeeping had collected my belongings from my room that morning and delivered them to our new suite.
On leaving the Old Rectory for some lunch the following day, we returned to find our wedding balloons and ribbons that we had brought with us had been affectionately adorned across our bed by housekeeping! The chef had also arranged an afternoon tea to be left in our room for us to enjoy at leisure!
Breakfast at the Lavenham Old Rectory is wonderful, my husband says it is the best breakfast he has ever had! A huge range of cold buffet items, freshly cooked food, coffees, teas and juices are available.
Overall we had a truly wonderful stay and the service we received at the Lavenham Old Rectory added to the experience. We are very grateful for everything Susie did for us and would definitely return to the Old Rectory.

Room Tip: The Gainsborough Room is the largest in the house. Both suites are impeccable, the stable suite has a glorious bath in the bedroom and a huge wet room. The coach house suite had a larger living room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple