Lavenham Old Rectory
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lavenham
See available hotels
View Hotel
Black Lion Hotel(Long Melford)
The Bull(Long Melford)
View Hotel
The Crown Hotel(Long Melford)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Not having had the opportunity to indulge in a true honeymoon experience since our wedding some months ago, a relaxing and blissful weekend at Lavenham Old Rectory with Susie and Jonathan was exactly what the doctor ordered. Despite arriving late in the evening under the cover of darkness, we were immediately exposed to the warmth and luxury of both the accomodation and hospitality. It wasn't until the following morning that we were truely awestruck at the view from our logdings in the Stables suite when the remote controlled blinds revealed the view across the naturally sculptured grounds.
Breakfast was both beautiful and sumptuous, and set against a slow crackling fire - anything we desired from freshly cooked croissants and scones to a traditional English breakfast with fresh farm laid eggs from the chicken coop on the grounds. Keep an eye out for the hidden lounge room entrance!
The view of the church from the Rectory is stunning and Lavenham itself provided hours of exploring and boutique shopping with an outstanding array of restaurants and cafes.
In all, this was a truely exquisite and relaxing weekend, and we couldn't recommend a stay here enough.
Our immense thanks must go to our hosts for the experience amidst such superb hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

From the moment we drove into the drive of this magnificent Georgian house we were entranced. Set in three acres of garden the house conjures up feelings of grandeur but the hostess, Susie is very welcoming and you are set at ease immediately. She is obviously a people person and she makes sure everything is perfect for her guests. We stayed three nights and climbing into the huge four poster each evening made us feel like royalty. We booked for the "High Tea"and we were the only ones having it so we had full attention and the experience was wonderful. We have had high tea in a number of top hotels, including London's Ritz, but this was second to none at The Old Rectory. We were able to use the garden while we were there and we enjoyed taking photos of the happy hens who supply the breakfast eggs. On our final day Susie gave us directions to our next destination and they were spot on ansd we arrived in Rochester, Kent in good time and without making a wrong turn (unusual for us in the UK). Keep up the great work Susie and we wish you well at The Old Rectory.
Patricia and Peter Draper

Room Tip: This is not the cheapest B@B but it is definitely one of the best we have ever stayed in and it would be wonderful for a special occasion as it would be unforgettable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is the best B&B i have ever stayed in! Its in a stunning location and the rooms and service are outstanding. Its the perfect getaway!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked the Old Rectory as a surprise for my wife's 50th Birthday and I was delighted to stay in such a beautiful house - everything about the place suggested quality and luxury, from the decor of our room (four poster I recall!) to the quality of the lounge area to relax in the evening and the food. The breakfast was sumptuous with a large range of delicious food provided and a delightful situation overlooking the garden. The proprietor (Susie) was very friendly from the start and really made us feel welcome - in summary I'd have absolutely no doubts in recommending this place for a visit. Lavenham is of course a beautiful olde-world town/village to spend time in together with nearby Long Melford.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I booked the two stable suites for myself and bridesmaids to stay in on the night before my wedding. When I booked, they hadn't even been finished but the owner, Susie, made sure I was kept up to date with progress and even I couln't anticipate what greeted us behind those doors......absolute, pure, luxury!!

The room i stayed in had the largest, most luxurious bed I've ever had the pleasure the sleeping in. The bathroom/wetroom had a beautiful freestanding tub in the middle of it and was possible bigger than my bedroom at home. We had an amzing lounge area with huge patio doors to let in the morning light and a stable door that opened out onto a private courtyard/garden with cushioned seating area.

In the other room was another beautiful bedroom with the bathtub situated at the end of the bed....incredibly romantic for a couple (but probably not for 2 excited bridesmaids), a separate cosy living area and, the piece de resistance, a conservatory...again leading out onto the private garden. I have to say that even though we loved the fact that we could wander into eachother garden seating areas, it doesn't have to be that way as they have been cleverly positioned to be extremely private. Whe my husband to be popped over to drop some stuff off, he was particularly jealous......even though he'd already checked in to his luxury hotel in Ipswich....this apparently blew it out of the water!

Susie and her husband were actually awayy when we stayed, but the lady in charge (who I belive usually does the breakfasts) was extremely helpful and equally enthusiastic. She went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed and made arrangemnts for us to take breakfast in the conservatory of our room in the morning......an absolute treat with teh sun shining and an impending wedding day! The beautiful rooms gave more than ample photo opportunity and the grounds providing further stunning backdrops. It was a perfect way to end my singledom....sitting in the garden drinking chasmpers with my best frinds in the most luxuiuos place I have ever stayed in (and we like to travel).

I thoroughly recommend anyone to stay here..even for one night 9although you'll be dying to stay for longer once you arrive). Lavenham is a beautiful village full of friendly people with loads to do in the surrounding areas.....the fact that this gem is in the middle of it just helps. I almost didn't want to write this review so i could keep it all to myself.......but then a place like this deserves to be enjoyed!

Room Tip: The stable suites are amazing and secluded but the rooms in the main house are equally nice and have an antique luxury charm.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends