“Perfect for our "fix" of french cuisine .”

Maison Bleue Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ‘There will come a day when our championing of this brilliant French restaurant means we will not be able to book a seat there due to it being so busy! Until that time we will simply state our great admiration for the cuisine, wine and new décor.’ East Anglia Daily Times
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Perfect for our "fix" of french cuisine .”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We lived in France for 9 years & recently moved back to the Uk near Bury St Edmunds, it was my husbands 70 th birthday soi wanted to take him somewhere special. Maison Bleue did not disappoint , the service was wonderful , food scrummy cooked just how we like it ( rare beef & duck French style ) . I wish we could go more often but a little too expensive for everyday dining .

1 Thank Sally L

Haughley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want somewhere special, this is the place.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I went here for our wedding anniversary and absolutely nothing disappointed. The menu was great, the service was outstanding and the food was the best I have had in a very long time. We chose cheese to finish our meal and our charming French waiter brought over a trolley with the biggest array of cheeses for us to pick from and could knowledgeably talk us through each cheese.
A top quality restaurant that is a must.

1 Thank Rachel B
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Very good in parts but not cheap”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a night out in Bury at the end of a week away with daughters and grandchildren. We did enjoy our evening but found the dining experience here a little mixed. First the good points:- The greeting and service were charming from all the young waiting brigade and especially from the French owner who has a real knack of getting on with people not always found in her counterparts elsewhere in our experience. The close proximity of the tables did encourage sociability between the diners which we like. Some of our food was top notch - my quail starter was superb as was my slow baked Braeburn apple with a toffee sauce. My wife's main of rack of lamb was also delicious, as was the selection of breads and the home made garlic butter. But some of the dishes were a little bland it seemed to us. My wife's lobster raviolo starter was disappointing for the price paid, and my turbot dish was good in parts but lacking in some seasoning. The wine selection was good (a nice St Veran chardonnay recommended by Mme) and we went to town with Kirs and digestifs so the final bill of £160 (including our 10% addition for service) is hardly surprising. We might have saved £20 by going for the £33 set menu.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Googly2010
London, United Kingdom
“Superb!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a fabulous meal here last night. We ate from the A la carte menu, I had King Scallops for a starter followed by Hake, my hubby had fresh oysters followed by Cod. Our meals were so delicious, the quality of the food is superb! like a top London restaurant. I can't really put into words how good, you just have to experience it for yourselves...
I don't think that you would find better staff anywhere else either...maybe its because they are all french....they are so well trained and they serve you in such a professional, friendly but unobtrusive manner.
I can't praise this restaurant enough. It's not 'over the top' expensive either.
We are very much looking forward to eating at The Maison Bleue again very soon :)

1 Thank Michelesnails
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I always go to this restaurant for special occasions. It is my favourite eatery in Bury St Edmund's.
The food is excellent and the service very poised. There is a good range of fish dishes which I love as I don't eat much meat. The wines are all carefully chosen with a range of prices. The atmosphere is intimate masking it great for romantic rendezvous.