“Truly lovely coffee house, excellent value cookies!”
Review of The Coffee House Ristretto - CLOSED

The Coffee House Ristretto
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
“Truly lovely coffee house, excellent value cookies!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Such a lovely visit to this coffee house in Bury St Edmunds with family yesterday. Excellent value food and drinks, the cookie was delicious and the latte was expertly made with a beautiful pattern on top. Beautiful quaint little cafe and there's outside seating too. Top service, lovely gentleman serving.

3 Thank Kori B

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Tea, Coffee and CAKES to die for”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Run by a wonderfully hospitable couple, this is the first cafe I have been to where the waiter warms the tea pot AND the cup. Barbara bakes amazing cakes, usually at least one made with gluten free ingredients. Lucas can make loads of lovely patterns on top of the coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker but am told its one of the best places in town. Weather permitting there is somewhere to sit outside and a bowl of water for your dog. It might not be the most elegant spacious cafe but is well worth a visit for the warm welcome, attentive service and cake.

3 Thank Deblouma
Suffolk
“Best Coffee in Bury St Edmunds”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We decided to stop for a coffee (five of us) and thought we would try The Coffee House. Living in Bury St Edmunds, we have tried all the coffee shops and I have to say this definitely serves not only the best coffee but the best choice of coffees. We travel to Italy regularly and I was delighted to see Latte Macchiato on the list of drinks - this is the only place that I have actually seen it here in Bury St Edmunds. The homemade cakes are lovely too and they had gluten free Victoria Sandwich which my 'gluten free' niece said was excellent.

If you want coffee made to the highest standard then I fully recommend this charming little coffee shop. I will not go anywhere else now.

3 Thank MelBelSuffolk
Guildford
“Surprising Gem in the centre of Bury St Edmunds”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were in Bury St Edmunds for the day and popped into this small but charming looking coffee shop for a quick bite to eat and a hot drink with the cold weather.

We ordered a ham and cheese filled toasted cheese scone to share and i had a mulled apple juice and my partner had a black americano with a shot of caramel. Both drinks were perfect and the cheese scone was something we had never tried before and worked really well. My partner couldn't resist the choice of cakes and cookies on display and also got a coffee caramel cupcake which she enjoyed immensely.

All of this came to £8.70, near the price you would normally pay for a single coffee and a cake at any coffee chain.

We were so impressed we decided to add the coffee house to Tripadvisor when we couldn't find it on here!

• Visited February 2014