“Unique charm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lucy Redman Garden and Bed and Breakfast

The Lucy Redman Garden and Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bury St. Edmunds
The Lucy Redman Garden and Bed and Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Unique charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We only stayed one night but it was made very memorable by Lucy & her family, including the hens!! Lovely breakfast with fresh produce. The Moroccan room is a visual delight, even the en suite! Lucy gave us a personal tour of her truly inspirational gardens which contain some of Dom's intriguing ironwork. See if you can find where Dennis is hiding!

Room Tip: The Moroccan room is on the ground floor so good for those who can't manage stairs.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Farnborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

From our arrival we were made truly welcome. The friendly host and hostess settled us into an interesting room that was furnished with a huge and comfy bed and everything we needed was there - and more. Don't be put off by the rusty gates - it is all part of the magnificent garden that is absolutely astonishing and well worth a closer inspection to discover the total fascination of a splendid garden and the unexpected accoutrements round and about. This is more than an excellent B&B - it is a horticultural wonder and decorated and constucted with unusual metal work! The vegetable plot is a work of art, too. It was only a two night stay but thanks to Lucy and Dominic for making our stay so memorable...

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing stay at Lucy Redman's B&B. Lucy, Dominic and family were extremely welcoming and we were treated like family friends. The house and our room were a visual delight, as far as you can get from a prosaic Travelodge. Our bed was extremely comfy, and I slept better than I have done in months. Breakfast also gets a special mention; I love breakfast, and I felt spoilt.

(Those wishing to spend an evening in Bury St. Edmunds, and have a drink, might be interested to know that it costs less than £10 to get there by Taxi)

abu dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

A truly wonderful blot hole and the warmest of welcomes! Lucy even offered to lend me shoes and makeup when I realised I had left my bag at home. The family home is quirky and comfortable and the Moroccan room was super. Really comfy beds and soft towels. Homemade apple juice and a tour of the excellent and intriguing garden was a real treat. It was honestly like staying with friends and a super spot from which to access the delights of Suffolk. Nothing was too much trouble and they have a very relaxed approach to ensure you can come and go as you please. Perfect to rest weary dancing feet after the wedding we'd attended! I would totally recommend staying here but be warned - you may leave with serious garden envy!

• Stayed May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at Lucy's B&B for 3 nights just after Easter. The weather was unseasonably freezing but the welcome and the house could not have been warmer. On arrival we were treated to tea and hot cross buns and made to feel at home by Lucy, Dominic, their girls - Flori and Tilly, Sophie (on work experience from Belgium) and their lovely cats and dog. They kindly gave us directions to local pubs and booked a table for our evening meal. We stayed in the Indian styled room upstairs which was cosy with probably the comfiest bed we have slept in and a lovely view of the garden. The breakfasts were delicious including eggs from their chickens. Lucy kindly gave us a tour of her lovely garden, which is full of interesting plants and features and Dominic's metal work- we would love to return in the summer to see it in all its glory. There are also plenty of garden books and magazines to browse through.
The house is charming and quirky, full of interesting art and pottery and situated in a farm estate village. You can be in Bury St Edmunds in 10 minutes but feel you miles away and beautiful Lavenham is close by.
Thank you to Lucy and all her family for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

dear Lucy
it was indeed a very GOOD FRIDAY for me.......feeling at a bit of a low ebb, I arrived at your delightful house at teatime, to be greeted by the charming Florrie who immediately involved me by showing me her book describing what Easter meant to her personally.....so interesting....as is your house, which was a feast for the eye for me....your paintings,textiles, pottery from which you served tea ..
Then having met Tillie and her friends, and Tinker, Orlando the marmalade cat and his mother [her name escapes me] and later your welcoming Dominic, I retired to your warm and cosy Indian room armed with a great collection of art books

I must congratulate you on such thoughtful details in the room....the collection of teas, the posy of flowers, the sheepskin rug beneath one's feet on getting out of a most splendidly comfortable bed.....the luxuriously fluffy bath robe which greeted me in the morning after a piping hot bath..

After a lovely chatty family breakfast, topped with some home made seville orange marmalade, copious cups of coffee,..... and a greatly interesting tour of the garden, I was driven back to my admittedly beautiful, but somewhat isolated house at Ickworth [about which you very kindly enthused]
You and your family raised my spirits greatly this Easter........I look forward to another nights respite with you in the summer when I can see the garden in it's full glory....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo