“chilled place to eat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“chilled place to eat”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ihave been to Josefs a few times, food is delicious,and not expensive,Josef is charming and the whole experience is a good one, love the retro style to the decor too!!

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“I love this place!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This cafe has such a lovely feel. I am not veggie but I love the food and have eaten here 5 times already. I have also just popped in for a cuppa and the cakes look lush (not tried yet!)

I am dairy and gluten intolerant so it is fantastic to eat somewhere where there are gluten free and vegan options.

Josef is lovely as is his glam mummy :)

I will be back very soon!

1 Thank Jo M
Bury St. Edmunds
“Vegetarian for polyvores”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm no vegetarian but visited Josef's emporium to see what it was like. The decor is very homely - padded chairs and clutter, it was almost like you were invited into someone's home. I went for the Lentil Burger (which turned out to be a cheeseburger) with spicy toasted bap, potato wedges and salad. My brother chose 3 bean chilli in a baked potato and his wife went for the soup of the day - chunky vegetable with walnut bread. We did not have to wait long and were very pleased with our choices. Very tasty indeed and a pleasant texture. The prices were quite reasonable, apart from the home made cold drinks (but there are cheaper options like Coke). I would love to go again.

If you visit, make sure you go to the toilet, just for the adventure! Its location is a bit obscure.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jaygeebse
“Very Welcoming”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited Josef's cafe today with my mum and sister (we're all veggie). We were really impressed. It's so nice to be able to choose from EVERYTHING on the menu.
Food is delicious and portions generous.
Atmosphere is lovely - welcoming, comfortable and with a calmness.
Staff are friendly and efficient and prices are good.
We will most definitely be back.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“A big crimson hug of a place”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Josef's is the only place in Bury that I want to go to over and over again. It's comfortable and welcoming, so much so that Sunday lunch at Josef's has become something of a habit.

I love the menu (the hummus, the salad... DELISHUS!). The coffee is good. The staff are intelligent and helpful and very understanding...

AND - a trip to the lavvy takes you past the best wallpaper in town. Nothing not to like.

• Visited December 2012