We stayed for one night on a voucher deal. Again we were greeted on arrival and directed to our lovely Magna Carta room. A high bed but my wife managed to get herself on and off the high drop ( it added to the humour).
The afternoon cream tea and champagne started the afternoon wonderfully and this was later followed by the taster menu dinner which was superb. All the staff seem to want to ensure your stay is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
The next morning we had a very enjoyable breakfast before setting off to explore Bury St Edmunds and the cathedral.
I would recommend this to friends and family and would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most historic hotels in Bury St Edmunds, steeped in nearly 500 years of history. Set in seven acres of landscaped woodlands and gardens, this country house hotel is easily accessible from the main A14. Whether your visit is for business or pleasure, you will find a winter fireside welcome and a summer poolside welcome. Whatever your needs, you will find a little luxury in the atmosphere of a country home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravenwood Hall Country Suffolk
- Ravenwood Hall Country Hotel Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk