We stayed at The Angel for two nights to attend my daughter's wedding. The location for that was ideal as the Registry Office is about 50 yards to the right.
The hardest part of the whole weekend was actually getting to the location, Bury St Edmunds is so difficult to drive round and we made three false turns before getting to the hotel. Perhaps I should have used the satnav rather than knowing best.
This hotel is opposite the gate to the Abbey Gardens with the Cathedral to the right as one looks from the top of the stairs. There is parking outside but this will cost the owner during the daytime. The hotel has it's own parking area operated by valet parking to optimise space. Certainly during our stay the car was moved several times without damage. Coming out of the front door turn left and immediately left again and the reader will be able to wander into the town. Turn right and carry on one will pass the brewery before reaching the Theatre Royal.
Check in was easy and we received a cheery greeting and our allocated room was ready for us. Neither of us suffers from a disability but if we did I think it would be difficult. The hotel seems to have at least one step to get in from any of the three entry points I found.
Our room was modern with a huge bed, flat screen television, and a very nice bathroom. The only criticism I had with the bathroom was that the plug did not work in the sink, therefore water was running away whilst I shaved, so not overly green.
We did not have dinner at the hotel but can confirm that the breakfast has starters and a cooked section. The orange juice was fresh and the Suffolk breakfast well cooked and substantial.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic. Our Suffolk hotel is right in the heart of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep. Once inside, The Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The Angel Eaterie has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat. Take the steps down into the decadently curious Wingspan Cocktail Bar & Lounge located in the 12th Century vaults under the Hotel. Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk