My wife and I have just returned from a three night break at The Angel, the room was large and comfortable, the staff were most obliging and helpful.
However, the problem for us were the breakfasts which were on the whole, poor, uncooked porridge oats, no apple juice available on our second morning and black pudding on one day as hard as concrete, toast blackened and unappetising.
IT is unlikely that we would return for another stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Georgian ivy clad 4 star boutique hotel and restaurant in Suffolk surprises with a twist of urban chic. Our Suffolk hotel is right in the heart of Bury St Edmunds town centre and everything is just a step from here. Explore winding, cobbled, shop filled streets and a plethora of ancient architecture on the doorstep. Once inside, The Angel Hotel is a curious contrast of comfy contemporary design with touches of exotic grandeur. Warm leather sofas vie for your company in the lounge, which is filled with curiosities, pop art, eccentric oddities and cool vintage furniture. It is a hotel of many different aspects all artfully blended together into an exciting package and the bedrooms are no exception. The Angel Eaterie has a great reputation and dining here is a culinary treat. Take the steps down into the decadently curious Wingspan Cocktail Bar & Lounge located in the 12th Century vaults under the Hotel. Wingspan is the perfect location to meet with friends, for pre-dinner drinks, or simply to relax after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Angel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Hotel Bury St Edmunds
- Angel Bury St Edmunds
- The Angel Hotel Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk