“Birthday celebration”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I visited carluccio's with friends and family to celebrate my husband's birthday.This restaurant is a regular favorite of ours and never fails to please with high quality food and attentive service.Once again they came up to standard. Well done!

Reviewed September 7, 2011

We are regular visitors to Bury St Edmunds Carluccios. We have had consistently good service and food. The Manager, Stuart is always courteous and takes time to talk with people. They have a good location with outside seating as well as inside in a traffic free pedestrian area. The menu has recently changed and their wine list has also, but their house wines are excellent - which can't be said for all restaurants. They have a great promotion scheme which people often overlook. Fill in the card given to you at the end of your meal - you'll receive a welcome card worth a bottle of wine on your next visit - can't get better than that!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We visited on a Wednesday evening. It was very busy but the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall, the service was good. However, the food was extremely average. I ordered some plain bread to start with oil and vinegar but when it arrived, it was foccacia bread as that's the plainest they had and there was no balsamic vinegar, although they did return with some later when asked. The oils on the table were 'just for decoration' apparently! My main course was billed as chicken in a herby tomato sauce, it was extremely salty and the sauce could have just been a tin of tomatoes warmed up with a few salty potato pieces thrown in. I also ordered a side salad which cost nearly four pounds and consisted of three lettuce leaves, two baby tomatoes and a couple of slices of yellow pepper. We had two small glasses of wine, they dont do soda to mix with it, and two small beers. All in all, when we split the bill between nine of us we ended up paying upwards of thirty pounds per head (service automatically included). Considering the standard of food, I consider that very expensive for a restaurant which is part of a chain, even though it goes on the back of Antonio Carluccio's name. I was very disappointed as I am a great fan of the man himself and his values in respect of food. We will not be going back.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

At last somewhere with 'FRESH' and simple Italian cuisine. My friends and I shared a 'Anti Massimo' to start. Lots of lovely vegetarian treats to sample that I later found I could purchase in the deli to take home. I then had the pasta with wild mushrooms which was simply delicious! Great coffee. Great service. Yummy food and a beautiful deli = 3 very happy ladies!

Reviewed April 25, 2011

i have been here twice now and both times it was excellent ........if in doubt order the mixed starters and the frito mista ...........