Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Been there a few times and out of this world, this time, worse manicure and pedicure ever, I can't move my neck after today and think will need medical attention at this rate. Waste of money, not enough time booked for the treatments so ran late to my algae wrap so wasn't allowed massage afterwards as no time and nothing could be done about it, my manicure was suppose to be 1 hour in afternoon, took 35 mins, cuticles wasn't done, asked and told they was fine, just wanted to get the hell out of the in the end,

There are newer reviews for Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Bury St Edmunds

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Spent a Saturday with 4 friends at Clarice House in Bury St Edmunds recently in the hope of finding some rest and relaxation away from the family. Let's start with the positives. The food was lovely, very tasty, quick service, no problems encountered. The staff overall were very attentive in all areas of the spa. On the downside, let's start with the treatments. On being called for our first treatments, we were told that the treatment rooms were doubles thus one of my friends joined me at the same time for my massge and facial. Although this didn't bother me at all, it was pretty obvious this is done to get more people through the treatments and maximise space/profit. I feel this is a bit naughty and I am sure some people who visit would like their treatments on their own. The treatments rooms are in need of a refurb as does the changing rooms. The showers at the end of the day weren't particularly clean and were either boiling hot or freezing cold, certainly didn't hang around in there! The pool area has loungers around the edge but these were constantly covered in towels and we did not stand a chance of laying on one, shame. We did mention this to a member of staff, who came in, took a look around and then said there was nothing she could do. Lastly, the manicure/pedicures.... what can I say, we felt like we were on a conveyor belt and the results were not good due to being rushed. The polish bubbled on most of us which is a shame as this is one treatment that should last a few days. Overall, stacked up against other spas, Clarice House is disappointing. There are some lovely Spas out there but this one needs some money investing in it.

1  Thank Farmer_boy44
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My daughter and I have busy lives and need some down time. We took the Sheer Bliss Spa day and it was. The one hour massage and one hour facial were both superb (it's the best facial I've ever had and having told the therapist that I had very sensitive skin she proceeded with appropriate products and I had no adverse reaction). It also included express manicure and pedicure, both of which I found too rushed, not relaxing. I would have preferred to have chosen either/or mani or pedi for one hour.
The lunch was fantastic, we both thoroughly enjoyed it, the food was flavourful and fairly light (although we did look covetously on the chips that some people were having).
Only downside, and that's probably becuase it is so successful, is that the spa was very busy and the conservatory became like a crowded waiting room at times. We went on a Sunday but one of the therapists told me it was just as busy in mid-week.
Overall it was a wonderful day, it was just what we both needed and we both slept like logs that night. I'd recommend Clarice House but look carefully at the treatments, and if you want to order any extras from your package book really early.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Mr partner and I went here for the first time on their two night spa break. Cannot believe what value for money it was. Excellent!! £270 for two nights. Even the treatments alone were worth £80 each!! How do they do it? The food was second to none - first class chef!! and the staff were absolutely brilliant in helping me to make my partners birthday special there. They helped with decorating his table for breakfast with my balloons and presents and brought in my cake during lunch. They were all extremely courteous and so helpful. They couldnt do enough for me! My son booked for him and his girlfriend to go there on our return as we couldnt speak highly enough about our two days. Even better is that you have a whole year to use your voucher. I didnt want to come home and will be back there for sure - hopefully very soon!! Thank you all at Clarice House!! I LOVED IT

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Beautiful house and grounds....but...... the carpet had obviously never been introduced to the Hoover! The whole place was dirty and untidy. There were too many people for the pretty limited facilities. The pool area and changing rooms were just depressing and dirty. My normal gym and pool in cambridge is frankly far superior. The treatments ,which were part of a package for two at cost of £155, we're pretty basic. Those that should have lasted an hour, like the pedicure, lasted only 40 minutes. Most of the treatments were very short of the actual time paid for, by calling clients 5 or so minutes late and finishing minutes early. On a 25 minute treatment this makes a big impact! The quality of manicure and pedicure I felt was poor and we were rushed out at 5o clock as they had a private function on, my friends manicure finished at 5 and consequently with a rush and poor service she left with her nails chipped and smudged. The good point however was the two course lunch included in the package, it was delicious, beautifully presented and generous portion. The robes we were given to wear had seen better days as had the towels. There was no feeling of luxury or of being pampered. Many of the staff are surly and unhappy looking. We also heard a number of the staff discussing another client in the public area, nasty and unprofessional . Was very glad to head home at the end of the day, having paid a hefty bill for our 'extras' mainly tea and coffee and extra treatment. An expensive and disappointing experience and not one we plan to repeat, not at this venue anyway!!!

1  Thank Shirley D