“Very efficient ”

The Fox Inn Bar Restaurant Hotel
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our friendly team offer a full service experience in a relaxed pub environment. With a constantly changing range of locally brewed ales, a varied wine list, and a modern range of soft drinks. We serve meals to suit all tastes, whether it is a pub classic, or something a bit more special. We cater for vegetarians and have some items on the menu suitable for vegans. We also offer a full allergen menu, should you have an intolerance you can see exactly what is in our food.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a meal on a business trip. The food was great, apart from 1 slight niggle with the pate. The menu states topped with thyme butter which sounded great so I went for it. On receiving it the butter in my eyes was far too thick and really didn’t taste of thyme. The pate had clearly come straight from the fridge as was cold, the butter was 7/8mm thick and as it was so thick not really able to put it on the toast without breaking the toast up. Apart from that the actual pate tasted very good and main and dessert where also great. Good beer and good times!! Very good service also!!

Kat T, General Manager at The Fox Inn Bar Restaurant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,

Thanks for your recent review!
I appreciate the feedback on the pate, and shall pas this on to the kitchen team so we can review this.
Otherwise I am very please you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for our Birthdays the 16-17th July. We stayed in room 2 such a lovely room well presented and attention to detail. The staff greeted us in the pub and were very friendly and helpful. We didn’t have a meal there but we did have Breakfast in the morning. Again staff were really good and the breakfast was perfect nice food and cooked really well. Thank you for making our stay very pleasant and hope to come back again at some point.

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your lovely review, I am so very pleased you enjoyed your visit,
lets hope you remember us next year when planning your birthdays :-)
We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I previously visited the Fox Inn with my family in April and left a poor review. So, we decided to try again. It was a completely different experience. The customer service issue that I previously commented on had improved 100% and the food was so much better. It was so good that we visited twice within 10 days.

Hi,

Thank you for your review, I am so please you decided to try us again, and am even more happy to see you enjoyed your visits.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon,

General manager

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here about 5 years and returned this week for 2 nights as the room was so lovely with a four poster and free standing bath etc. Unfortunately our return visit wasn’t as amazing as we had experienced first time round.
The staff were lovely and very friendly and helpful. The fox is part of a chain and seems the love and care in looking after the property doesn’t fit in with their budget any more and the rooms ( which are totally separate to the pub) certainly don’t match with the restaurant/pub, it seems a really odd match? The pub needs a good clean and some TLC. Breakfast wasn’t great - scrambled egg was white, certainly no free range eggs, salmon had a strange texture, smaller touches no longer there for example local produce (stokes ketchup) tables sticky, coffee warm. We missed breakfast on the second day.
The room was still nice, however scratchy sheets, smelt damp in the bathroom, looks a little tied and for £340 for 2 nights I think we may just remember the fox from our first visit and we won’t be returning again - such a shame, but your staff did do you credit Country Inns.

1  Thank Aimee N

Hi Aimee,

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry you felt disappointed on your return visit, I do hope you spoke to someone at the time and gave your valuable feedback.
If you wish to discuss these issues further, please do not hesitate to contact me 01284 705562

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Fancied spending an evening away somewhere, checked out booking.com and came across this place. Pictures looked really nice, and it was close to the town centre. We arrived and check in was very easy, we were shown to our room and very pleased with it. High ceilings with beamed walls, but also modern at the same time. The rooms are just set back from the pub, but it wasn't noisy at all. Only thing was that you walked out of your room into the carpark,which is also where the seating is. Would have been nice to have a garden area. But not the end of the world. We ended up having dinner, which was absolutely delicious. I could have eaten everything on the menu. What we went with which was the lamb shank, and rib of beef were divine. Followed by cheesecake and banoffee pie. Absolutely no complaints. Had a very comfortable nights sleep in the air conditioned room, and were completely satisfied with our breakfast the next morning before our drive home. Thanks again for having us. I would definitely stay again.

Hi,

thank you for your review.
I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us,
We do hope you will visit again soon,

Kind Regards