“Try harder”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Today my husband and I, my mum and toddler went here for lunch. We arrived early lunchtime and the restaurant was half empty. We were informed we would not be able to have a high hair, which was not a problem. After our drinks were ordered it took around 20minutes for them to arrive to the table. I was also disappointed that my daughter had not been offered a balloon as other children were arriving and getting them as they went to their table, I had to ask if she could have one. that At this point we could see people in other parts of the restaurant who had arrived at the same time as us with their food. Our food arrived after 45mins of first being seated, and we were never offered a high chair although other families had left. Trying to keep a toddler entertained for 45minutes was hard work, although the food was lovely the service was really slow. This is my first visit to this branch but have been a regular customer at much busier branches and have never had to wait so long. I won't go back to this branch any time soon, even though the staff were nice.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went their last week. Service is great, friendly and personable. Atmosphere is nice and the food good but let down by its price. Had the Giraffe burger which is great but for £11 is a bit steep. If you don't mind that though, it's a good place to go pre or post cinema visit and would go back because I enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited one evening with a colleague for a pre-cinema dinner. The food was delicious and arrived quickly which was great as we didn't have that much time. As it was a Tuesday evening, they had a burger offer on. The veggie burrito and olives were lovely. Getting and paying for the bill took a bit longer than I expected but overall it was a great meal.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great restaurant/bar right next to the cinema. The atmosphere is lively, warm and colourful, and the staff really friendly and fun. The eclectic menu always means there is something for everyone and the happy hour cocktails are great before going to watch a film next door.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Managed to book at short notice for a birthday and Mother's Day meal. We were very disappointed with the food. The noodles that one of the party had was good but the burgers were dry and the salad consisted of a large piece of lettuce and one large slice of beef tomato. We had a previous meal at the same restaurant about a year ago and was very good. Overall it was somewhat expensive for what was served. I would certainly not recommend it given our experience today. A great shame and a let down for our special day.