“Poor Service - Average food”

Orissa Indian restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
sudbury
“Poor Service - Average food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The restaurant decor is fairly nice and the drinks are cold and with good choice, however the service was poor with the waiters being rude coupled with very slow service. When the food arrived it was very mediocre at best, soft poppadum’s, poor quality nanns, fatty chicken chunks in my dish etc.
Long Melford Valley or Little Indian near Halstead put this restaurant to shame I’m afraid which is a shame because we were hoping for better after the good reviews Orissa has.

3 Thank dan j

United Kingdom
“Elegant Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Loved the clean and fresh dishes.Good meal sizes not too large that you
wouldn't be able to have desert after.Talking of deserts try the mango yoghurt that's made on the premises. To die for. Good food at a great price.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dianne S
“Ripped Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

While the food was ok we had booked a table for a large party who all work for the emergency services. It was supposed to be a late Christmas meal out for those that had to work over the festive period. Unfortunately some could not attend last minute due to work. We were charged £15 a head for the people who could not make it even though the restaurant was only half full! The waiter was also quite rude at one point actually whistling loudly to get our attention when we were chatting having a good time. We could not believe we had to pay for people that weren't there even though it cost them no business. Extremely rude and I will be telling everyone I know not to visit, there are plenty more curry houses in bury!!!

6 Thank PSGR
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Don't go thirtsy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Good food but not in a rush. If our party of 15 were waiting 25 mins for the first beer to arrive they could be making more money by swifter service. I appreciate it was busy but give me a beer and a poppadum and I'm good for some time. Good food though and worth waiting for. Of all the 'contemporary' curry houses I've been to this is in the top 25% I would say

East Anglia
“Still as good ..... returned again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The last post I did on here was November 2011. My husband and I have been back a couple of times since then, but this time we went with a party of 7. The bill, with a 10% well earned tip, came to £205 - however we had had two courses, pappadums (14 x £1 each) and side dishes. The food was definitely not disappointing. It is made fresh upon order - so do not go there if you want a quick meal.

The staff are helpful and fun. Mushy served us and was polite, interactive and knowledgeable about the menu.

The food is priced on the high side, but is worth it. I recommend a visit to make your own minds up.

1 Thank Solbarca