“Wonderful Food”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had dinner here on Saturday 29th March, what a treat was in store. A warm welcome and delicious food and wine, the young waiter was very attentive and gave us a potted history on the restaurant. The food really is exceptional which is I'm sure why the restaurant which is off the beaten track was packed, obviously the location isn't all that important, they can be justly proud of their food, we will certainly be back.

2  Thank Meg T

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my kind of place, top quality food, excellent wine, varied menu, great service, non pretentious and good value.

We started with a plate of the Iberico ham and a bowl of pig's ears. The ham was melt in the mouth delish and the pigs ears a new experience. I can't say they were my favourite things but it's always nice to try something different without commiting yourself to a great deal financially, at £3 a portion, give em a go. I finished them by the way. We then had the black pudding and the hake. Both were superb, a really minor criticism is that the hakes cheeks delicate flavour was overpowered by the batter, but I'm being really picky. She who must be obeyed had the Tarte Tartin which was superb, had I not been such a guts earlier I'd have had one as well. The desert wine was the nicest I've had. I was pleasantly surprised by the bill, and would definitely go again. We both like Bury and will try and make it a regular visit

4  Thank DavidA689
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant is just very good. Imaginative food well prepared, cooked and served in such nice surroundings by such nice people. Expensive for Bury St Edmunds but not over the top for such good food. What more can I say!.

4  Thank Peter B
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Nice evening out with friends. Good service, and decent menu. More interesting menu, different from the usual, as well as standard fayre.

2  Thank Paul P
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good value innovative food but accommodation can be a little limited. Service generally excellent.
Superb fresh bread.