“Amazing burgers...”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've been a regular of Bensons for ages so it's about time that I put pen to paper, so to speak. Firstly, Burger Wednesday is probably the best meal deal around, with two burgers (selected ones only from the menu) and chunky chips for a tenner, and works nicely in conjunction with Orange Wednesdays at Cineworld a few minutes walk away. Other than the signature burgers, they offer a great range of other plates, of which I can say that the calamari and chilli jam, and the chicken liver pate with red onion jam is to die for. Service has always been brilliant and I love the lively ambience in the bar when it gets busy. Great selection of drink, and the staff always put in the extra effort when it comes to simple things G&Ts. And it's those little details that make me go back, and make me recommend it to anyone willing to listen.

My only 'thing' is that is does get a little smokey when the grill is busy, but I happily put up with because it's so good.

Oh, and please do a 'juicy Lucy'! That would be amazing

There are newer reviews for Benson Blakes Bar & Grill

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Provided hog roast for wedding....arrived 2hrs late! Didn't supply hire dishes ordered...no apology, no explanation, no refund!!! Left this bride in the lurch the day before the wedding!!! Shocking service!!!

3  Thank hannahbwana
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went with friends on the 21/9/13 for dinner. Friendly staff, ( I personally don't enjoy being referred to as 'guys' irrespective of gender) nice waitress but she confused New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with Chilean and an order for nachos for three to share arrived as for one. Burger of the month not enjoyed by either of the party who had it and a very average rib -eye steak.
Ok overall but nothing more.

1  Thank thejaspers
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We've been to Benson Blakes three times now and it's always been fab! The burgers are amazing, as are the chocolate brownies! Service is always good, the staff are great and very cheery. We love it here :o)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went to BB on Saturday 31st August at 18.30. We had heard great things and were looking forward to our visit. My glass of white wine was lukewarm and very inferior. We both ordered burgers and chips, when the chips arrived they were cold, we told the waiter who rather churlishly said they shouldn't be as they were freshly cooked! He brought more chips which were raw, so we left them. The burgers were OK, nothing special, my husbands bread was untoasted. Overall a very mediocre experience. We completed a comment sheet with all of the above on it, handed it in to the guy behind the bar who promised us someone would get back to us - as at 14 days later - still waiting!