“Lovely peaceful stay”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, East Anglia, England

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Any
John T
“Lovely peaceful stay”
Reviewed October 6, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Stayed here over night in september. Nice peaceful and clean rooms and stunnung overall house. Clear communications and instructions by owner (Sarah ) who also made us feel very welcome and looked after us. Breakfast was fresh and high quality with enough to satisfy. Would definitely stay again. Lovely location and feel :)

Traveling group: Friends
Oct 15, 2015
It is always good to have written affirmation that you have enjoyed your stay
and I am delighted you could write such lovely things. Thank you so much for
taking the effort to make your comments known. I very much hope we
shall see you again next year. .
Phillipa...
London, United Kingdom
“Second visit to Church Farmhouse, Uggeshall”
Reviewed September 26, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Wonderful second stay at Church Farmhouse, lovely comfortable room with fabulous view, generous
breakfasts served by the very charming Sarah, nothing was too much trouble, we
cannot wait to go again in the spring Phillipa Wimbledon

Rooms Location
Traveling group: Couples
Oct 15, 2015
I do put a lot of effort into making our guests feel comfortable and at
home here, so it is lovely to hear that we have "got it right " !
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments
down and I hope we shall see you again next summer.
Frederick...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Short Break”
Reviewed September 21, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Katie, Jim and Julian had a 3 night stay during August 2015. Greeted by a very warm welcome from Sarah who is witty, lively and knowledgeable - immediately offered tea in the garden. Lovely comfortable bedrooms that ensured a good night's sleep in truly peaceful surroundings. Breakfasts were a delight catering for all diets and appetites. Sarah could not have been more helpful providing information on places to eat and events taking place in Southwold. Indeed, she booked a table for our first evening meal at a nearby pub. Made us feel truly at home and would certainly recommend to any friends who may intend visiting the area.

Sep 22, 2015
Thank you so much for the lovely things you said about your stay here. It was very kind of you to write and it is always so good to know that you really enjoyed your stay here. I much enjoyed having you all. Hopefully we will meet again !
Claire P
“A Suffolk Gem”
Reviewed September 5, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

A beautiful, listed farmhouse with a lovely garden and country views. Bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfasts delicious. Our hostess, Sarah, obviously enjoys looking after guests and was welcoming and friendly: happy to share local knowledge and interested as to how our day had gone. A special thanks to Sarah for the beautiful decoration on the breakfast table on the morning of my birthday. A complete surprise, much enjoyed and much appreciated.

Sep 22, 2015
It is always lovely getting such appreciative feedback, so I do thank you so much for writing such nice things about your stay here. You seemed to have such fun together over your birthday.... And really made the most of your few days, despite not feeling completely well. I am so lucky to be able to offer this lovely house to guests and so it is especially good to hear that yiou all had such a
Happy time. Come back !
601anne
“Splendid”
Reviewed September 2, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend here. Sarah is a great and generous hostess and went out of her way to make sure our visit was special. Breakfasts were delicious. The Suffolk seaside is a delight, too.

Rooms Location
Traveling group: Friends
Sep 10, 2015
How lovely to hear you had such a good stay here and thank
you so much for writing. It is always lovely to get good feedback..
You all seemed to be having such a great weekend and
I much enjoyed having you. Perhaps all three of you will
arrive in stripes again for another birthday !
Rosie Y
“Our visit”
Reviewed August 7, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We have just returned from a wonderful visit to Church Farmhouse - Sarah is the most thoughtful and welcoming hostess. Couldn't recommend this beautiful haven in the Suffolk countryside more highly. An absolute must!
Rosie, London

Traveling group: Family
Mar 21, 2016
I remember your visit well and it is so lovely to read such positive things
about your stay here. We had such fun chatting I remember and know
it was a special few days for you and important that we "got it right" for
you. Come back soon !
J G
“Scary experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Visited this place with my fiancee having heard great reviews and read about it on trip advisor. Unfortunately not only had the owner forgotten about our booking, but when we arrived she seemed to become hysterical even though the fault was clearly her own. We were in two minds as to whether to stay or not. Finally the straw that broke the camel's back was when she asked us if we would like a cup of tea, 'free of charge', rather sarcastically. There was a lot of shouting and huffing and puffing. Everything seemed to be our fault, including the fact that we had woken her from her nap (despite arriving at the time suggested on her confirmation letter). It was a very distressing and scary encounter with an irate woman. I can understand if people get a bit flustered if they have messed up their bookings/timetabling, which she had. But to take it all out on guests travelling from afar is simply not on. Fortunately I listened to my fiancee and decided this was just not on. We politely requested our deposit back. This was returned (but not exactly correct, was £109 not £105) but I did not quibble as I just wanted to get away from this scary place. She did thoutghfully come out to the car to come back if we had any difficulty finding a place late in the day. However we opted for a lovely stay at the Swan in Southwold instead. Excellent service, polite hospitality, no aggro and a delicious breakfast! A blessing in disguise it would appear!

Rooms Service
Traveling group: Couples
Sep 22, 2015
I am truly sorry that your experience here in such a very short time was so distressing for you.
This is deeply regrettable. Again, I apologise for not expecting you that day due to an error at the time of having major knee surgery. This will not happen again. Thankfully I could offer you a very good double bedroom overlooking our lovely garden but am sorry you did not stay as you would hopefully have experienced my much commented-on warm hospitality and the comfort of my house.

Taking up the point that I did not return your deposit in full, I have checked my bank details and can confirm that I did definitely return your deposit in full.

I would urge readers to read the other reviews which rather more reflect the true flavour of what we offer here. .

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing